2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 civic which has a problem that is really winding me up. If someone tries to open the passenger door before it has been unlocked ( I have kids ! ! ) it seems that the linkage fails somehow and the door then will just not open. Then it's back to the Honda garage for them to get it working again. My warranty is up soon and so far there is no sign of them working out what is going wrong (5th time back today).
Is there anyone out there with any kind of clue as to what is the answer.
It isn't all bad news because it means my wife has to sit in the back. But the draw back is I can still hear her.
Thank you in advance (hopefully)

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I have a 06 civic which has a problem that is really winding me up. If someone tries to open the passenger door before it has been unlocked ( I have kids ! ! ) it seems that the linkage fails somehow and the door then will just not open. Then it's back to the Honda garage for them to get it working again. My warranty is up soon and so far there is no sign of them working out what is going wrong (5th time back today).
Is there anyone out there with any kind of clue as to what is the answer.
It isn't all bad news because it means my wife has to sit in the back. But the draw back is I can still hear her.
Thank you in advance (hopefully)

sorry bud, there is NOTHING that Honda can do to sort that one out??

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
I don't quite understand the problem with the LOCKED door?

And maybe you should try to put your wife in the trunk?

·
Registered
259 Posts
my only fault....i get this on back offside door and i think when you refere to the linkage gone it is the double lock system that seems to come on and neither inside or outside handle will open the door. Mine is intermitant and always clears after a run and although i havnt begun to look into it, when it is working it sounds "lazy" as it locks or unlocks...

if you have a waranty, might be best to insist they change the rear door lock mechanism ..

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
little off topic but i lock my doors as soon as i get in and when ***** tries to get out it obv doesnt open when locked and they then pull it harder second time round as if all of a sudden iv unlocked it with my eyes [smilie=hrmm.gif] grinds my gears lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't quite understand the problem with the LOCKED door?

If someone tries to open the door not realising that it is still locked, then the door will not open when the keyfob is pressed (central locking)
All other doors are ok, but the one door will not open at all.
you can press the handle in, but it feel like it has been detached from the linkage.
To make things even more confusing, it occasionally rights itself and will be fine until one of my kids forgets and tries to get ito the car before I have unlocked it ! ( I know, change the kids to a better model)

(I've obviously bought a car that hates me)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
What's the problem with Honda ? ...

Why do you tolerate them 'screwing around', trying to find the fault ? ...

Just tell them that you want the entire door lock mechanism replaced (mechanical and electrical parts both) ...

If that doesn't work, demand a complete replacement door !!! ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts