2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Does anyone know if can I buy just the silver,crome part from honda civic 2007 instead of the whole think?
Thanks

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
They are prone to coming loose and often need gluing back into position, the fixings weaken and break over time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone.Last year when I found the chrome part on floor I glued (I don't remember which glue I used)and did last almost a year,but couple weeks ago I losted the chrome part and I couldn't find.I have order a used door handle for £30 but the handle has a little chipped on handle but the chrome part is ok.I emailed the guy but He said he haven't another one.I don't know what to do?
Should I glued (which glue will be the best) or just send it back and try to find another one?
If I glued will be very easy as I dont need to remove the interior of the door.but I may loose again.
Any suggests please?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Funny you posted this checked mine today, drivers side was loose broke on the 3 front tabs just used some epoxy resin and now seems to be holding fine. Passenger side is fine.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buy a tube of 'tiger sealer' made by youpol.
Takes awhile to go hard, but when it does, it isn't ever coming off again.
I had a look on google but I couldnt find the tiger sealer made by youpol.
I find Upol Tiger Seal Adhesive Glue Black and MHP PU Seam Seal tiger seal from ebay.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a look on google but I couldnt find the tiger sealer made by youpol.
I find Upol Tiger Seal Adhesive Glue Black and MHP PU Seam Seal tiger seal from ebay.
Sorry about that, I forgot how it was spelt.
Yes, it's U-Pol tiger sealer. See the fleabay listing below:

Tiger Seal, Tigerseal PU adhesive sealer / sealant White | eBay

Bodyshop guys use it to replicate the factory seams between the panel skins and the panel frames. Most of the time, the panel skins aren't even welded to the frames all the way around, they just use this product to form the seal, so it is seriously strong!
If you do decide to use tiger sealer, you don't need to use a lot, and make sure your hands are well protected, as it WILL take weeks to get off -and that's not an exaggeration.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Sorry about that, I forgot how it was spelt.
Yes, it's U-Pol tiger sealer. See the fleabay listing below:

Tiger Seal, Tigerseal PU adhesive sealer / sealant White | eBay

Bodyshop guys use it to replicate the factory seams between the panel skins and the panel frames. Most of the time, the panel skins aren't even welded to the frames all the way around, they just use this product to form the seal, so it is seriously strong!
If you do decide to use tiger sealer, you don't need to use a lot, and make sure your hands are well protected, as it WILL take weeks to get off -and that's not an exaggeration.
I will order now,but my car is black should I order black insead of white?

·
CTR
538 Posts
I used a glue gun on mine, so far so good

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
tiger seal is really good and thats a good offer from ebay, coz my local car parts place has always sold it for a tenner, and i never know you could get it in white, once it seals and dries its stays put for a long time,

·
Registered
111 Posts
Maybe thread not actually about that, but my front handles are very loud when pressing opening button, tried wd-40 but didn't felt big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts