2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to colour code my door handles and fuel cap, what technique are you
Guys going for? Paint, wrap, dip, carbon?

Cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Easiest would be plastidip spray. If you don't like it it's very easy to remove and try a different colour too

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Paint results in the best mirror finish and is cheap if you DIY. Carbon dipping looks very nice and has reasonable cost. Wrap is fairly cheap but sometimes difficult to apply. Carbon covers look the part but they are covers so sit on top of existing parts. Personally I prefer using carbon to reduce weight not add it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
There's a guy that does carbon covers for things like that. I've got them on mine, they look brilliant and last.

Only downside is the cost over the alternatives.
Hey man......can you remember where you got them from? Looking to get mine done with these.
Cheers mate ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
So how do you go about doing this?
If you're just looking at doing the cap and the handles you should just be able to buy a couple of cans of the spray paint off eBay or 'Matt-Pack'.

I would recommend buying a can of the paint and a can of 'Glossifier' to give it a shinier finish.

Literally just cleans and degrease the area and then spray it on, you will probably need 5-6 layers of the colour to give full coverage and then a couple of the gloss. If you dont like it, you can just peel it off like rubber and try a different colour.

If you get any on the paint work it'll just peel straight off :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts