2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new on the forum and only had my 2007 1.8 for a week and absolutely love it :)
But the front door handles are a bit stiff to open, does anyone know how to free them up a bit, I tried some oil on the catch but doesn't help the handle. Any ideas welcome...

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
I had that issue on both my 8G's and the only thing that helped me was to apply inward pressure to the door handle when squeezing the handle.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
My passenger side was very stiff to open

But after I had the handles off to paint the covers ( handles were completely stripped down) I noticed a huge improvement

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Mine were very stiff, i just asked Honda about it and they replaced the whole spring etc for free. Now after a year it's still a litte blit stiff, mostly passengers door since it's not being used as much

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh well lol will just have to leave them, might try to get some sp40 into the handle the weekend but it's ok, the tailgate struts are a bit slow to open as well so might need new ones of them too x thanks

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
You need to take the door handle out for a proper fix. That's a door card off job.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts