2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just noticed my door handle cover's are loose.

They are not loose that its gonna fall off or anything but if you look at the pics, it looks like its not screwed in.

This is for both front door handles cover's.

Any idea's what I can do?

Thanks

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Very common fault mate the silver cover is held in place by four small screws from the inside but are prone to breaking mate.
I stuck mine back in place with hot melt glue over twelve months ago and still holding now.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
If you leave it they are likely to fall completely off anywhere. My passenger side one fell off in my hand, the drivers side went like yours. There are four screws. Three at the front & one at the back.

You cannot buy them as replacements from Honda. You have to buy the whole assembly. As Wardy and Hansz have said, and as I did, glue them back on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine popped off when I shut the door, but I didn't fancy removing the door cards to fix it so I put mitomate glue in and it's solid now, just don't let it run down the paint

·
Registered
7 Posts
I coudnt find any. If someone find please send a link.

I try a glue, but i'm not sure how it works in Finnish winter weather.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks. I was trying search a grey cover, but if the glu doesnt help i buy a whole handle.

Dont know strong the glue is, winter is coming and i'm not sure how it holds over -25 celcius.

Finnish winter is so nice...

·
more torque than the mrs
6,627 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts