2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Door Handles

Exterior 
6K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Sphere 
#1 ·
Hi
Just noticed my door handle cover's are loose.

They are not loose that its gonna fall off or anything but if you look at the pics, it looks like its not screwed in.

This is for both front door handles cover's.

Any idea's what I can do?

Thanks

See less See more
#5 ·
If you leave it they are likely to fall completely off anywhere. My passenger side one fell off in my hand, the drivers side went like yours. There are four screws. Three at the front & one at the back.

You cannot buy them as replacements from Honda. You have to buy the whole assembly. As Wardy and Hansz have said, and as I did, glue them back on.

#16 · (Edited)
My passenger side door handle cover came off on the A127 at the weekend (mk8). Had to buy a whole new handle for 32 quid on eBay.
Fwiw I had epoxy glued it on after it was flapping loose like some others have done. Lasted about 6 months and it went from zero to hero cos I didn't feel it loose again at all. Had forgotten all about replacing it til the confusing plastic noise on the motorway:/

Now I'm trying to figure out if I have to spray paint the backing plate of the new handle with the correct colour code, or if I can swap out just the circled part onto the car (I don't mean snap off the very front part again! I mean the centre bit including the bit behind the bit that always comes loose, seems to be 2 star screws around T15 size perhaps but I don't have this size yet so can't tell if it can be separated cleanly)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.