2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hii, I wonder if anyone else had this problem. When I press press unlock on the fob or even when I'm inside, the car just locks up almost instantly. It stays unlocked only for a second enough to just open the door. I've tried looking for this problem, but nothing came up.

·
Registered
657 Posts
That's really strange ? Can't say I've heard of this problem unless anyone else has

You could try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins and see if it restarts the ECU and solves your problem. Worth a go just make sure you don't leave your key in the ignition

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,419 Posts
All I could think of was some rain in the drivers door switch assembly, that has a lock all doors option.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,419 Posts
Assuming it is that. Once in the car and it locks you in, does that switch work and unlock the whole shooting match

·
i-Vtec
3,830 Posts
Try wiggling the wires between the door and A pillar. I had an accord that did this the other way around and would unlock the instant it was locked and it was a broken wire at the A pillar and door frame.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions. Didn't have much time to check anything sadly, but what I noticed is that this seems to only happen when it's rainy and wet outside or during the night. After staying in a garage, the car locks and unlocks normally. Was hoping at first that it would fix itself after reconnecting the battery, but it was too good to be true haha. Will try removing the drivers side door card tomorrow and check all the connections and seals.
I've had a backup camera recently installed, so I'm wondering if something leading to the boot could be a culprit.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,419 Posts
Ah, yes, no one asked if anything has changed recently.

Does sound like water ingress somewhere and the new camera wiring is a prime candidate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried checking the connections and the boot for leaks, but couldn't see anything that would cause any kind of problems with wiring or etc. Had a very weird thing happen today. My civic's doors were unlocked but the alarm was armed and the fob didn't seem to work at all. The alarm would start when I opened the door. Then I tried going inside and fiddling with the lock button which only seemed to work for the drivers door. I pushed the red lock thing on the drivers side and suddenly both doors worked and the fob started working as well. Also, when locking the car I'm used to lights flashing 3 times, but it seems that it doesn't happen every time and it's leaving me confused.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: went to a authorised Honda service centre. As my luck is really great I couldn't replicate the same issue when I went to them. They told me that they haven't really had anyone coming to them with that sort of error. They then checked everything on the computer and 2 errors with the door lock mechanism came up. I was told that I would probably first need to replace the whole fusebox under the steering wheel as that's what their computer showed them... which would be quite difficult to get one specific to my civic and a new one costs a fortune.

Well... in addition to what happened previously, my boot wasn't operational for a while and my fob could only unlock the car for that period. These seem to be the same issues others have been facing with a faulty central door lock actuator on the drivers door so next thing I'll probably be trying to get a hold of one and replace the one I have. Hopefully it fixes any kind of issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another update: Well, yesterday I finally receiver a new door lock actuator, replaced it and the problem sadly is still there. Made sure it was as fully sealed as possible. The new actuator actually even slightly catches onto the door lock catch, causing more things do deal with haha. Would it actually be possible that when air is humid inside something shorts in the fusebox? Sometimes locking works flawlessly, sometimes it just locks randomly whenever it pleases and sometimes it's barely even possible to get out of the car because it locks back so quick after unlocking.

·
Registered
140 Posts
There is one thing that that came to my mind that causes weird anomalies like this.
You could check this leakage by removing the rubber roofstrip. Start gently removing it from back to front.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is one thing that that came to my mind that causes weird anomalies like this.
You could check this leakage by removing the rubber roofstrip. Start gently removing it from back to front. View attachment 316204
Thanks! I'll be sure to check for leaks around the strips when I have some time. Currently I'm trying to get a hold of a used fusebox, will try having a new one programmed in as apparently the MICU inside the fusebox can actually cause a series of problems like mine. The idea of a whole fusebox being faulty seemed hard to believe, but the more I look about it, the more it actually makes sense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Final update: Success! Had a Honda service centre program in the fusebox and locking works perfectly. It doesn't seem to matter whether the fusebox is from an european car or uk (one of 3 fixation points is reversed right to left). One thing I noticed is that now when I put the key in ignition or remove it I have the red immobiliser light flash once which didn't happen before. One thing to look out for I guess. No more worrying being locked in the car or being locked out!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts