2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Civic gurus! I posted yesterday asking for advice about my drivers door not opening from the inside of my type s gt 2009.
I was gratefully pointed in the right direction by a fellow member saying the lock cable has probably come away (common fault I believe).
Anyway I took the door card away and found the cable had actually snapped.
Is there a way to fix the cable or is it just a new cable needed? Also any tips on changing?
Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Hi, I just happen to have both cables lying around, your welcome to have them for free if you want.

My locking mecahism was faulty so I had to buy a new one, however I still have the cables from the old which are in good condition. (Note 3 door and 5 door have different length cables, although I assume your have a 3 door as your avatar shows a type-s)

It's a simple job to swap them over, although you have to remove the locking mechanism (not as scary as it sounds!!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're joking??? That is unbelievably nice of you (and very lucky for me! Ha) yes its 3dr. I would gladly take you up on your offer, but add a return address and let me send a voucher of some sort as a thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick update on this.

I have fixed the snapped door cable and all is working again!

Want to say thanks to the legend that is "Civicseafisher" he went out of his way not only to offer help but to actually let me have the cable he had spare, can't thank him enough.
If anyone else has this problem here's some brief instructions to help (given to me by Civicseafisher, top lad!)

It's simple to do;

(With door card removed)

- Disconnect block connector from locking mechanism.

- Remove the 3 screws from edge of door, and one from the side. (These a very tight, make sure to use a suitable size screwdriver as the cross heads round easily)

- With the locking mechanism loose you'll see there's a small plastic cover over the ends of the cables, remove small screw and pull cover off.

- Then remove cable from mechanism and just pull it out of the door, remove and replace cables.

- Reverse and repeat.
Job done!

Let me just say, fantastic forum, glad I joined.
Long live the civic!! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts