2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my bulb has stopped working in my nearside door mirror repeater is the bulb replaceable or as some have suggested its a sealed unit. The mirror has been hit before i bought it but I've only just noticed the light is not working but everything else is working on it. ⁸

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
336 Posts
It's a sealed unit, they're not bulbs but a pair of LEDs set in a cluster. Unfortunately they're a little pricey, but they should in theory (provided the mirror doesn't get whacked) last for a very long time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a sealed unit, they're not bulbs but a pair of LEDs set in a cluster. Unfortunately they're a little pricey, but they should in theory (provided the mirror doesn't get whacked) last for a very long time.
Hi thanks for the info i will look into getting a new pair very soon fortunately one not working is not a failure so it will have to wait until my next pension day. (Violins at the ready) i only just noticed that the mirror has been whacked and there's a small hole in the lense so its probably why the light has stopped working as it should be sealed from the elements.
look at Bison dynamic indicators, a pair for the price of one Honda
They look interesting not as pricey as i thought are they a chinese import though?

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
The bison ones are decent quality. The ebay ones you can see they are cheaply made. Ive had both. Currently have bison ones fitted. Bison sell standard clear ones as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,128 Posts
roll the mirror upwards to the max then grab hold and gently pull it out, you can unclip the wires if you want.
behind you will see the lugs that hold the cap on x2, you need to squeeze the legs together and push outwards with thin nose pliers or tweezers. once both have popped there is a third at the window end that should just pop out.

a bit fiddly but you will get the hang of it.

the LED is held in with 3 torq screws so you will need the right size bit for those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts