2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shut the door on my civic and it caught the safety belt buckle causing a small dent

Unfortunatley at the point the door sensor hits

Consequently the sensor concludes door is open and sets alarm off when it is parked, and/or when driving, bing, bing, bing door is open every time the car goes over a bump. Any ideas on self fix idea please? :confused:

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
You could try pushing the dent out. You'd need to remove the door card and get behind it with a bar as a lever, to push the dent out, thats what i'd try first :)

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dent

Good idea, and walk throughs for removing the door card. Sorry, not my speciality

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered this to give a try, internal panel so
not so fussed about some of the problems people have been having. Will let you know how I get on

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Good idea, and walk throughs for removing the door card. Sorry, not my speciality
Removing the door card is v.easy, two screws hold it on; one inside the door handle hidden under a cover; the other is behind a cover behind the internal door release lever. The rest is held on by plastic poppers.

Once the screws are off pull from the bottom to release the poppers then push up to release the top.

Now all that stops you from taking the door card right off will be the cables linking to the inside door handle, it'll be easy to work out how to disconnect these.

There will also be a mucky plastic sheet to remove between the door card and the door.

This is an easy job so just go for it ;)

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Ordered this to give a try, internal panel so
not so fussed about some of the problems people have been having. Will let you know how I get on
What did you order in the end?

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
This device is more suited to panels in the middle area of the door and/or dents without crease in the metal.

The area you descibed where the door meets the door switch is pretty thick steel and on the edge of the door. I think you may have trouble using this device on that area tbh. I could be completely wrong about this gadget but I still think a lever bar would work best where you described the dent.

I used to work at Rover in the paint shop of the Rover 75 many years ago, had a friend who's job it was to remove dings and dents, he was brilliant at his job and had dozens of different shaped bars and levers.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This device is more suited to panels in the middle area of the door and/or dents without crease in the metal.

The area you descibed where the door meets the door switch is pretty thick steel and on the edge of the door. I think you may have trouble using this device on that area tbh. I could be completely wrong about this gadget but I still think a lever bar would work best where you described the dent.

I used to work at Rover in the paint shop of the Rover 75 many years ago, had a friend who's job it was to remove dings and dents, he was brilliant at his job and had dozens of different shaped bars and levers.
I can only try. The metal in the door where the sensor hits is pretty thin. If it was thick then maybe the dent would not have happened when the buckle on the safety belt got trapped in the door.

I will report back anyway. Worth a go

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
definately, let us know how it goes :) maybe you can post some pics of the damage?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I did exactly the same with my seat belt buckle. Took it to dealer who said it was very common. They stuck a sellotape 2cm square pad over dent on inside of door and door now shuts Ok with no door open beeping.

Time - 5 minutes
Cost £0 with offer to fix again if it comes off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts