2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After only having driven my car for about 2 weeks someone already slammed his door into my car.[smilie=thumbdown.g:

It has a rather big bump and it looks awfull (if you know where to look).

The car is at the repairer right now so I hope they can give it a good fix. It's located behind the passenger door at an awfull place.

Now i've gotten this Seat Altea for exchange, jeeeeeeez I want my Honda back, this car is like riding on the back of a turtle in comparison to my Civic. I can see grandma's in their electronic cars passing me now, then they point their finger and laugh at me [smilie=cwl.gif]

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
This is one of my biggest pet hates - I can sympathise with you totally......why do people have to park so bloody close to each other!!!

Portuguese people seem brilliant at it.....stick their crappy car into a space that's JUST about big enough to get their crappy car into, then fling the door open without even thinking about it.....Then they just calmly walk away as if to says "whats the problem with that?".....tw*ts!!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I've mentioned before that a big culprit is Mum putting junior in his car seat (sorry Mums). As they lean in, their backside (nice as it may be) pushes against the open door and the corner of their door (the bit over the wheel arch) digs into your car.

If you see a car seat fitted in a parked car then park yours well away!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Never,never park across an incline - in fact the larger the gap between vehicles, the more momentum from an opening door of the car 'uphill' of you has prior to striking your paintwork.
Many people are just so bl..dy careless. :(

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I've mentioned before that a big culprit is Mum putting junior in his car seat (sorry Mums). As they lean in, their backside (nice as it may be) pushes against the open door and the corner of their door (the bit over the wheel arch) digs into your car.

If you see a car seat fitted in a parked car then park yours well away!
You are right, avoid cars with baby seats in the back.

Also avoid any battered looking car, any car that is not parked straight and cars with disabled badges, in fact just avoid parking ;)

When I first got the Civic I went to Homebase, parked the car far away from the shop there were no cars around at all, when I came out the shop there was a battered old van parked in front of mine and these two guys had put a huge box on my bonnet while loading up the van :mad: I ran over to them and they couldnt speak english and drove of luckily no damage was done but it just goes to show how little respect people have for other people's property.

·
Registered
46 Posts
has anyone noticed that when you park in an isolated part of the car park that is empty of vehicles (to protect your darling civic) when you come back some idiot has parked right alongside. Not sure what the motivation is on this maybe the hurd instinct.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes and it's usually some tatty old heap, a 'Chelsea' tractor or White van man!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
has anyone noticed that when you park in an isolated part of the car park that is empty of vehicles (to protect your darling civic) when you come back some idiot has parked right alongside. Not sure what the motivation is on this maybe the hurd instinct.
That always happens!

Two weeks ago, I parked up in Sainsbury's in Harrogate and a Mini Metro pulled into the space beside me. The chap couldn't park his car so eventually his wife got out. He was actually parked on the white line into my space, waiting for me to walk off so that he could get out. I got back into my car and moved it.

Some people just have no respect for other people's property. My friend has just had her 56 reg Astra door damaged by some idiot slamming the door of their old banger into it.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,174 Posts
i had an old banger for a run about, while i was waiting for my civic, and i didnt care where or how i parked it (wouldnt damage any1 elses car mind) but when i got the civic i now keep as far away from bangers as possible and park out of the way, and get a good distance from cars etc in front, dont want me fogs breaking, will cost more than my old banger was worth, plus all people who drive a banger aint got a care in the world, as thats how i felt drivin mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know exactly how you feel Ditmar. Early this month I had the same on my back right door. I tried to hold it as much as I could (lasted three months without one) but in the end, someone made me one stupid and really ugly dent on the door. I knew that at Honda they would charge around 150€ for fix it, so I searched here in Portugal companies like ChipsAway to fix it. I found one guy that worked in a Renault factory here in Portugal. He was in charge for control quality in chassis bodywork. The guy charged me 35€. He used hammers and metal tools on it, and it made it disappear 98%. Without having to repaint it! I was really happy. I can't notice it without a very, very detailed observation, so it's ok. I wish I could reccomend something like this to you there... Good luck with the repair.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Just have a google for "paintless dent repair"
I had it done on my previous car CRV.
It is a special technique to remove dents witout respraying.
It is also used for hail dents repair

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wooohooooo!!!!

I've got my baby back. She's beautifully fixed, really can't see there ever has been a bump on the spot.

Great job by http://www.carflexs.nl Rotterdam!! Just to bad they have Seat Altea's as substitute cars :p, I really got tired of that car.

The best of it, they washed and cleaned my whole car, it looked like brand new again :).

Those guys were offcourse amazed about the car, got all compliments about the Dashboard and the looks.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Actually I think a lot of the fault is the width of the parking bays is so much narrower than need be just so that they can squeeze in a few more paying customers. We had an instance locally where the parking was free and the bays were plenty wide enough. They decided to levy a charge and re-do the parking bays... now they're probably about 6 inches narrower and overall they have probably managed to get another 25 cars in there, so potentially more profit.
The daft thing is that the people made such a fuss that the local council backed off, and it's now free again, but the damage has been done in more ways than one!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts