2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

does 9g have feature to auto lock all doors when you driving ie. 10kmph or more?

thank you!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
hello,

does 9g have feature to auto lock all doors when you driving ie. 10kmph or more?

thank you!
The 9G has this feature but it is supposedly disabled depending on the country/ market you reside in. In the owners manual there is a section on how to activate door locking. If it does not activate then the feature has been disabled at the factory. So far on these forums, I've not seen anybody who has this option enabled. Yes, it is a pain to have to press the lock button all the time, but it becomes habit.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
We had this early on about the 8G.

Someone found out how to activate it on the 8G in the UK so the loophole was factory disabled.

·
Registered
616 Posts
No doors lock on the move on mine BUT if I only open the drivers door with one click and not all doors with double click then all doors remain locked until opened. I like it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
So do you have like on mine?
One click on open only unlocks drivers door.
Works great imo as its most important when youre alone anyway.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yes, pretty sure all 9Gs have this 'selectable unlock'
Except if you live in Australia, whereby it is intentionally disabled. Was at first very annoyed that this feature was not available. Can't be a local laws thing as my Accord had 2 stage unlocking.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i do have selectable unlock, it takes time to get used to it.

regarding to wife and door lock: one of rare things i don't like on new civic is that switch for locking all doors from inside is in drivers door, and wife cannot lock all doors from inside easily. especially it's difficult (or impossible) if she's pregnant.

it's time to write review of new civic and post it on forum
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts