2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at putting a double din in my Ep3, but I need to ask a couple of questions for those with a bit more knowledge of the subject.

Are all double dins a standard size? Basically, how do I find out which ones are compatible with my car?
Are they plug and play or will I need something other than just the head unit?
Recommendations? Been looking at Sony or Pioneer.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Double DIN headunits sizes can vary slightly, the aperture in the EP3 is large enough not to worry.

The EP3 Type-R requires a harness adapter, either Autoleads PC2-68-4 or Connects2 CT20HD02 will do. No steering wheel controls to worry about.

Depending on the headunit you chose you may also need an aerial adapter and maybe a DAB antenna.

Here are a couple of more vids.

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered the PC2 kit with fascia panel, brackets, lead and aerial adapter. Just need to get a DD now :wink3:

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know mate, I wanted something that was simple but had some decent features and sound. Ticked the boxes for me :smile3:

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I fitted a Kenwood double din in my EP3 years ago, the problem you have is the hole is not big enough to house a double din flush with the bezel fitted. I got round this by using a belt sander to shave a few mm of the to and bottom of the double din bezel trim so this then fitted nice and flush.

Only problem is I am not sure if you can buy the head unit bezel trims separate so you only get one chance at this! Just to add I fitted mine oem style in the hole without the silver trim panel you have in the pictures.

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Rick, gonna be a bit of trial and error :laugh2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts