2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Not so long ago I saw a post linking to another site showing another civic with the double din headunit install, can someone please find me that link?

I have searched for ages but had no luck:(

Please help! asap!

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan,

In the Search link there's a Google option - I put in Double Din and it took me to.... http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212
Appriciated, however that isnt the post I'm looking for, Im looking for the one that links to this civic (I think it has red interior lights), and it has an actual double din head unit installed, not a double din facia with 1 din unit installed.

Thank

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey

Yes, that is exactly what Im after, I bought a Pionner headunit 2 din, I was wondering if any one know where can get that fasica from to hold the double din?

I know that The face plate for the with the 2 din headunit is £75 from honda:)

Will the headunit fit straight in?

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I think you have to do some "magic". Because the head unit controls the display for things like aircon, you actually have to keep the original HU buried away in the dash, and reconnect the speakers and so on to the new one. Bit of an involved job, and would require even more magic to get the steering wheel controls connected.

·
Registered
24 Posts
really ? if you swap the HU you lose everything ? I've also been looking at Astras and know you loose some bits but I thought it would only be things like the radio station... can you not buy converters that allow you to keep the steering controls ....

·
Registered
87 Posts
No, I'm afraid not - it's from Huets Car Audio in Brighton, who have found it from an overseas company. I've not even seen it, but it arrives next Monday when it will be fitted, assuming it's any good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts