2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My old parrot carkit is in need for an upgrade. I am thinking of placing a Sony dab+/carplay radio. While looking for a double din fascia i came across the one connects2 sells. Cant find any other here in the Netherlands.

Is the fit and finish any good of that one? Anyone with hands-on experience?

·
Registered
Mk8 Civic Type S GT
14 Posts
Hi there, yes I used the Connects2 when installing my radio recently. I bought a full kit from a place in London called Dynamic Sounds (kit included the Fascia & Connects2 kit). It's a fiddly job, took me a few hours but relatively straight forward to do if you watch some YouTube videos on fitting it.

As for fit and finish of the fascia itself, I think it matches really well - I couldn't get it to fit 100% perfect, it bulges out slightly on the left side but it's barely noticeable and that may be my own poor skills letting me down :D

Car Vehicle Plant Satellite radio Motor vehicle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, that looks really good! See them for sale on Amazon so I will go with that.
Thanks for the info!

One more question; is the provided fascia with brackets sufficient to mount the radio or do I need more to mount it?

·
Registered
Mk8 Civic Type S GT
14 Posts
Nice, that looks really good! See them for sale on Amazon so I will go with that.
Thanks for the info!

One more question; is the provided fascia with brackets sufficient to mount the radio or do I need more to mount it?
It worked fine for me, I have a Pioneer SPH-DA160DAB and it worked a treat! I'm going to be pulling it all apart soon as I may fit a reversing camera too.

·
Premium Member
2008 Civic Type R
959 Posts
As for fit and finish of the fascia itself, I think it matches really well - I couldn't get it to fit 100% perfect, it bulges out slightly on the left side but it's barely noticeable and that may be my own poor skills letting me down :D
I found that filing down a portion of the right side as you view it helped with fitment - and prevented a squeak!

Also, check for interference with the blower grills as mine developed a rattle around there which has been rectified with some thin foam pads.

Reactions: gandhimate
1 - 6 of 6 Posts