2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Double Din Help.

Head Unit 
768 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Jamesoxborrow 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some help!

Basically I bought and installed a Pioneer 2700bt (pretty sure that's what it's called) headunit and fitted it early last year Along with a connects 2.
Basically since fitting it (I've not had chance sort it) the DVD player doesn't work and my Radio signal is awful, occasionally I get signal then As soon as I drive off I lose it.

I know the Headunit has to be grounded to something around the handbrake to get it to work properly but does anyone know what bit it has to ground too? Or is there a way to bypass it and trick the Headunit into thinking that it is grounded/handbrake is up? As I can't adjust the brightness or anything on the screen atm and it's doing my nut it.

In regards to the radio signal have I just Plugged into the wrong wire or something on the connects 2? I put it on the Civinfo Facey B page a while back and a chap suggested swapping the wires around but I have lost the page :(

Sorry for the essay guys.

Thanks in advance!
Dave.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think there is a way of bypassing the hand brake feed, when I did mine I think I attached the 'Brake' cable from the head unit onto the red 12v ignition lead, then when the car is on it tricks the head unit into thinking it's parked.

Our it 8th gens have a separate powered amp just for the ariel. I had to get a separate connects2 lead for the ariel on mine and it had a loose blue wire coming out of the socket that attaches to the cars socket. My head unit has a 'Ariel' power lead coming out the back but mines a chinease unit, you may need to also attach the loose blue ariel wire to the red 12v ignition wire otherwise the ariel amp won't get power and your signal will be shocking.

Hope this is of some use :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.