2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my friend had a go at this today. We thought it was ok but once testing everything there are problems

1) the radio reception is terrible, we connected the blue wire from the impulse connects 2 kit, but nothing. Does anyone know what voltage is needed to power the amplified aerial.

2)not getting a GPS signal, despite the GPS receiver being positioned at the front of the windscreen near tax disc.

3)where have people wired the handbrake wire in order to be able to view the screen at all times, we connected to the handbrake live but it doesn't seem to work.

I appreciate it could be the wires have come lose when putting it all in, but not sure the problem if its not that!

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know the voltage of the aerial booster??

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Hi, my friend had a go at this today. We thought it was ok but once testing everything there are problems

1) the radio reception is terrible, we connected the blue wire from the impulse connects 2 kit, but nothing. Does anyone know what voltage is needed to power the amplified aerial.
12V.

2)not getting a GPS signal, despite the GPS receiver being positioned at the front of the windscreen near tax disc.
Check it's connected properly and is on the base plate it comes with.

3)where have people wired the handbrake wire in order to be able to view the screen at all times, we connected to the handbrake live but it doesn't seem to work.
Connect to ground, not live.

I appreciate it could be the wires have come lose when putting it all in, but not sure the problem if its not that!
In bold ^^^

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Sorry to be abit daft, I think AppRadio use the Phone GPS Signal for SatNav, and i am confused with the OP why he would need GPS Reviever. or else he actuall got a SatNav Unit instead of Appradio only unit

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
My GPS antenna is mounted on the metal base that comes with the stereo and is located under the plastic panel just in front of the clock and works fine there.

Just as Syx says for the handbrake cable, put it straight to ground. If you have it connected to live then it always thinks that the handbrake is off and will not play DVD's on the move.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, the instructions just said to put it to the live when in fact with or without the handbrake on it won't play videos.

Thanks re 12 volts info.

My head unit is the Pioneer SPH DA100 and comes with a GPS receiver. We placed it on the pad, but did cut it down to make it neater, we still have the bit we cut though. Also I have a magnetic tax disc so maybe it is interfering a bit, we will move to suggested area above stereo. Thanks guys...

·
N00B
445 Posts
I wired the hand break cable to the unit itself, bypasses the safety feature. (Don't watch videos when driving however)

As for the GPS, I have mine located on my dash tucked away on its own so it's in direct view of the sky. Never ever had an issue.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When u say to the unit itself, whereabouts?

·
N00B
445 Posts
Anywhere. Just find a screw, undo it a little bit twist the wire around it, and screw it back. All it needs is to he grounded. Any metal point will do.

Reactions: Twitch

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks mate. How are you finding it. I wish there were more apps. I have a great app that let's you download videos from various sites and have loads of the latest music videos on there, but it won't play through my 4S on it.

·
N00B
445 Posts
Yeah the lack of apps for the UK does suck. Seems very basic now :/ but for £170 it's still a bargin!

·
N00B
445 Posts
That's mostly for android mate :(

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
When u say to the unit itself, whereabouts?
Any point on the chassis of the car, the unit itself or anything else that's grounded will do.

Find a random bolt somewhere and hook it up to that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts