2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my connects 2 kit where does the blue wire go to on the aerial adapter ?

This one

Is it an earth wire or does in need to go to +ive for a booster ?? And where do I wire it to if that's the case ??

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently I've just been told it's a booster for the aerial and needs to go to +ve but I don't know where to put it to :/ hopefully someone will be along to advise :)

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just tested mine and it only pics up 1 station without the blue cable attached so I'm hoping it does something :/

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
If you do fit it and it makes much difference, let us know. I avoided putting in the bottom screws back into the radio in case I needed to take it out again. I really don't think they are required anyway. It means you can remove the stereo just by removing the top panel rather than taking out the whole centre console and half the dash!

I'll run it to + if it makes, but radio seems to be working fine without it.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
It's the power supply for the Honda aerial amplifier (where ever it is), connect it to +12v. I connected mine to the remote wire from the head unit.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ran the cable to +ve and it boosts the signal. It significantly improves the signal strength on my unit and made a big difference :)

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I'll do it tomorrow then!

One problem I've sound is that when I try and change volume, the stereo comes up with ATT rather than changing. Spoke to impulse and they said check patch lead but it hasn't helped. will try doing the wiring once more tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
the display should work if you have connected everything correctly. you get a/c temps and instead of track number with the old head unit you will now get the date on the display above the aircon temps. remember Bob telling me if I wanted it to just say HONDA CIVIC all the time I could do something else with the wiring on install, but can't recall what it was. Can't see the point of saying the name of my car when the date seems far more useful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts