2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, this is my first post even though ive been a member since Sept 07' when I got my baby.. "NHB Type R GT" :D

After a post from "Rizlam" who I cant thank enough for the ground work, gave the lads at Huets in Worthing a call about my Double Din ice install.
They started work end of November & had my baby for a week :(, but it was well worth the wait..

Had a Pioneer Avic HD3 head unit installed..
IMG_0124 - Copy.jpg IMG_0108 - Copy.jpg

Pioneer AVD-W7900 Screens in the seats..
IMG_0126.jpg IMG_0116 - Copy.jpg

JL Audio C5 2-Way Component in the doors powered by JL Audio 300/2 Amp..

JL Audio 8W7 ProWedge Sub powered by JL Audio 500/1 Amp..

The fitting is first class & it sounds fantastic.

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Very nice...

I'm wanting to do something like this to mine but both Honda Australia and my Dealer are telling me that the Fascia is a) not available here and b) won't fit the "Australian Model"...

Load of [email protected] the "Australian Model" is the same as everywhere else!!!

-H

·
Registered
33 Posts
now that's nice.. Very tidy install..

Am i allowed to ask how many pennies it cost?

Drewster

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drewster, it cost a quite bit more than I intended to spend, was originally only going to have the head unit fitted & door speakers, but somewhere along the way lost the plot... :shock:

As a result though im well happy... :D

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mike, didnt fit the unit myself, everything was done by Huets down in Worthing but in the head unit installation manual it shows the Pioneer unit comes with its own frame

·
Form & Function
233 Posts
One double DIN is amazing, 2 are cool, 3 are....no words!
Great great job:cool: !!!!
The most important fact ( for me ) is that everything you've
installed looks like factory installed....this mean...perfection!
Congratulations, better than Pimp my ride!

·
Registered
41 Posts
hi guys the facia panel is available to uk customers,someone on here from greece i think said the trim was 20 pounds but i can get for 90.00 all in and posted to uk customers included.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the positive feedback guys, much appreciated..:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great job on the install - looks fantastic - its exactly what I want to do to mine (headunit).
Im from Australia and am having big issues getting the facia - sounds like that will be resolved very shortly by jimventura!
2 questions - do you have the steering wheel controls working? What happens to the top dash screen?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It sounds fantasic ritchie p & youve done a great job with your boot install, those JL's really drop.. :cool:
Will post up a few pics of my boot install when I get a min'

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Coldie, Huets managed to connect the Pioneer to my existing steering wheel controls so Volume, Track/Channel Fwd & Bk & Mode for switching source all work.

As for the screen, your original radio is relocated, you need this to change the clock and I believe if you have dual zone climate control, components on the radio bracket are also needed for this, your original radio is switched off so the middle part of the display screen is now blank but clock & climate display all work ok

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boot Install

Pics of the Boot Install...

JL Audio 8W7 ProWedge Sub..
IMG_0035 - Copy.jpg IMG_0038 - Copy.jpg

JL Audio 500/1 Amp & JL Audio 300/2 Amp..
IMG_0039 - Copy.jpg IMG_0040 - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
looks nice, that would be quite an expensive install, equipment will be well over 3k, and huets do very good work and for that reason charge a high fee

how come you went for a 8" sub?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Nik, wanted a sub that didnt take up too much room & something I could easily take out.
Honest tho if you heard this for an 8" sub.. Most of my mates thought I had at least a 12" sub installed when they first heard it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has anyone else tried installing their own aftermarket head unit? I've done mine, took about an hour and a half. got the iso connector from caraudiosecurity and the aerial adaptor from halfords after a few disagreements over its existence

1 - 20 of 43 Posts