2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've just ordered this

and also purchased the facia kit from hondabitz with universal wiring loom.

My only questions are

1. are these the only two bits I need? As I notice the facia doesn't come with a cage, will I need a cage?

2. any tips to make installation easier would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the cage is inside with the double din generally, and all you need is a screwdriver and some patience
the double din has arrived and it seems to just have two sort of metal L shapes that attach to the side of the unit, is this the 'cage' ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
the double din has arrived and it seems to just have two sort of metal L shapes that attach to the side of the unit, is this the 'cage' ?
You'll need to attach those brackets to the stereo and the 'front' of the bracket attaches to the fascia. You'll see the screw holes on there. I think it was 3 on each side. Also you will need to remove the air vents from original fascia and put on the new one. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll need to attach those brackets to the stereo and the 'front' of the bracket attaches to the fascia. You'll see the screw holes on there. I think it was 3 on each side. Also you will need to remove the air vents from original fascia and put on the new one. Hope this helps.
excellent, thank you!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any ideas on how to mount the camera? e.g where? and how?

·
Registered
17 Posts
excellent, thank you!
Any time mate

any ideas on how to mount the camera? e.g where? and how?
Unfortunately, I haven't done it yet myself. I don't have the time at the moment. But I have seen few guides on this forum on how to do it. Seems like a fairly simple job. You can use this guide. Its for sat nav models, but you can see how to do your wiring, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts