2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all and thanks in advance for any advice.

I've trawled through many posts and "THINK" I'm on the right lines to order the start of a new installation that I'll add to over time for my FN2 (Non satnav).

I think there are two sets of wiring adaptor kits including fascias that I could use, Connects2 and Impulse (although I can't find the impulse kit to buy online).

I don't want to lose any dash display or steering wheel control functionality, and want the fascia to look as OEM as possible, will either kit do or does one offer an advantage over the other? I see the Connects varies between £97 (ebay) and £149 from ICE dealers.

Head unit wise I'm looking at something like the Pioneer AVH-Z5000DAB or the Kenwood DMX7017DABS as I intend to use Android based mapping (Google / Waze) for now so see no need for a dedicated Nav unit. I will be upgrading speakers etc over time and wish to add a reversing camera at some point, the Kenwood appeals as it can also support a dash cam (thinking of insurance next year).

Am I missing anything or any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Stim.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
You want the impulse kit, however, I think the company that sold it folded a few years ago. Impulse contains a OEM double din fascia.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I used the connects2 kit, bought from eBay for about £120. Works perfect with SWC, AC and dash display.

Only thing I needed which wasn't part of the kit was a Cage Kit (couldn't get the attachment thing with the fascia to work because I'm useless) and a DAB aerial.

Looks pretty good, matches quite well though the camera makes it look a different shade. I need to get a daytime pic really (and a clean screen...)[smilie=hrmm.gif]

Head unit is a Kenwood DMX7017DABS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts