2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm looking at upgrading my stereo to double din.
Been looking at fascia's and have decided to go with the genuine honda one, I just wanted to know if anyone else has used the genuine honda one and if so if it allows the standard cage that comes with the head unit to be fitted or does it use the side mounting plates like the connects 2?
There isn't a discription on coxmotorparts so cant tell.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not sure mate, but I've had no issues with the one I got from dynamic sounds for about the quarter of the cost of the genuine one lol.

Colour match isn't perfect, but for the price difference itl do lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah since posting this I spoke to honda, and for the fascia and the brackets im looking at about £260
So I think dynamic sounds is a winner lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeh the Honda one is a complete rip off tbh

I had to trim a little bit of plastic on the left hand side the get it to fit flush, but it's no big deal, you'll see what I mean when you install it

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have an OEM facia. You’ll need to buy a 100mm cage off eBay for it to fit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just fitted the dynamic sounds kit and no problems at all, just needs abit if the left dash trimming . In fact I thought the colour match was better than the original. The texture and feel is abit cheap, but once installed u don't touch it anyway.

Definitely get the connects 2 box and patch lead as allows steering controls and time/date adjustment.

I think it's one of the best mods so far, having Android Auto and makes the interior a much nicer place to be in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Android auto is one of the main reasons I want to upgrade as well as dab, the stock stereo is so shocking its gonna feel very luxurious lol
When you say trimmed a bit of the left side of dash, what do you mean did you have to file away a bit or like cut/saw some of the dash away?

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
The bottom left corner needs trimming back, a little hacksaw job.

I went with the oem dash surround too - looks great!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Android auto is one of the main reasons I want to upgrade as well as dab, the stock stereo is so shocking its gonna feel very luxurious lol
When you say trimmed a bit of the left side of dash, what do you mean did you have to file away a bit or like cut/saw some of the dash away?

Just a little bit of the dash so the new stereo bracket can clear it.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right ok I'll give that a go then, just a bit worried about going at it lol
Do you mind me asking what head unit you went with? Im torn between kenwood and pioneer

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I got OEM facia(from Cox) with Kenwood headunit and used MP5 stereo holder bracket from ebay - holds very well. There was no space for HU bracket.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I got a Kenwood dmx2018dab.

In all honesty, I wish I'd gone with a pioneer equivalent

The Kenwood is so slow, really annoying considering the price of the unit. Putting a usb stick in with a load of folders on it takes an age to load them all so you can search.

Also only got 1 usb input so if you want to use android auto, you music needs to be on your phone as you cant have usb at the same time.

Also, the dab windscreen antenna is a complete waste of space, I gave up on it and just use dab on TuneIn radio via Android auto

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah that's interesting to know, I was going to get the windscreen dab antenna just to not have to use my phone, but being used to using the dab from my phone for years I might just stick with that.
By the sounds of it I'll probably go with pioneer then, was looking at the pioneer da230dab. Would quite like the pioneer reversing camera to put in as well just not sure if it would mount properly under the tail lights

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Mine is DMX8019DABS and I cannot complain about it. Maybe I'm not using it to the full extent, but have no problems watching movies/listening music via usb and DAB reception is strong. Spotify, google maps, waze all wireless functions working with no lag etc.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine is perfect in android auto so no complaints there. Spofity and Waze etc are really good.

Dab is also perfect - untill I start moving and then it cuts in and out.

I almost bought the pioneer in questions, there was one thing spec wise that the Kenwood had better and I can't rember what it was.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Right ok I'll give that a go then, just a bit worried about going at it lol
Do you mind me asking what head unit you went with? Im torn between kenwood and pioneer

Sorry I don't get reply notifications.

I went for the Pioneer DA230DAB. I got a cheap reverse camera off eBay, for a few quid the one with the lights and bracket, stuck above the number plate on the flat portion just below the boot handle. It's works well and the on screen guides are accurate.
I'll get some pics for you later if you want.

The system can overlay camera guides to, that maybe better if you get a camera without them already on the image if that makes sense.

Oh, last thing either connect the handbrake or buy a simulator for it as Android auto and the system in general don't play nice. You can't just ground the wire like the old days

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry I don't get reply notifications.

I went for the Pioneer DA230DAB. I got a cheap reverse camera off eBay, for a few quid the one with the lights and bracket, stuck above the number plate on the flat portion just below the boot handle. It's works well and the on screen guides are accurate.
I'll get some pics for you later if you want.

The system can overlay camera guides to, that maybe better if you get a camera without them already on the image if that makes sense.

Oh, last thing either connect the handbrake or buy a simulator for it as Android auto and the system in general don't play nice. You can't just ground the wire like the old days
Yeah that would be handy if you dont mind that's the same stereo I was looking at. Nice to know it's all good. And with the handbrake cable I was gonna still need to look into that as havent done so yet. I thought with the wiring you get with the kit there was two you can connect together to bypass the handbrake situation, are you saying I need to get an extra bit of wiring?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts