2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am sure that it has been covered before, but couldnt find anything specific to cover my initial question..

I'm planning to update my standard unit to the Honda double din unit, but I just wanted to know if this would affect the intergrated factory sat nav my FN2 has?

Sorry if this is taken as somewhat of a noob question, but ice has never really been my strong point :)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Yes it will have an impact on the stock sat nav, firstly the original sat nav screen will not function, and then you may not be able to adjust the clock unless you can use the Connects2 wiring kit as the cars with the SSD nav as standard have a different clock with buttons on it.

Personally I wouldn't bother, and would just get an after-market unit.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it will have an impact on the stock sat nav, firstly the original sat nav screen will not function, and then you may not be able to adjust the clock unless you can use the Connects2 wiring kit as the cars with the SSD nav as standard have a different clock with buttons on it.

Personally I wouldn't bother, and would just get an after-market unit.
Thanks mate. I will probably get an aftermarket unit. Is there any way that I can connect the screen with the sat nav unit to the DVD reader in the glovebox, by passing through an aftermarket headunit?

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Have you got the ssd unit or the standard factory sat nav with one big knob in the centre of the standard stereo, cause you f its the later I'm sure you will loose the screen above and not sure on the wiring behind the head unit unless someone else comes alone with more advise I'd speak to someone like impulse car audio where most of us get our stereo adapter plate for fitting a double din the guy there has lots of knowledge and I'm sure would be able to tell you what you need and if it possible mate

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a 57 plate, so it's the older version with the one big knob in the centre to control the functions.

I will speak to Impulse :) thanks mate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts