2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought 2nd hand double din kit so no instructions.
I have a pioneer stereo with the ability to use steering wheel controls.
I have the patch lead from the h/u to the connects 2 Black Box
I have the rest of the wiring.
Everything works bar the steering wheel controls.

Now apparently the instructions tell you the specific order plugs have to be pluged in to get the steering wheel controls working. Can anyone find theirs and help me?
I can get the a/c screen working, set the timeand date etc so the connects2 box is working.
Inside the connects2 box theres also a set of 4 switches, mine has 2up2down on, the unit was previousley used with a Panasonic unit (not pioneer) do I need to change these?
As I say, does anyone have the instructions handy or know where I can find them?
Struggling now!

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I've bought 2nd hand double din kit so no instructions.
I have a pioneer stereo with the ability to use steering wheel controls.
I have the patch lead from the h/u to the connects 2 Black Box
I have the rest of the wiring.
Everything works bar the steering wheel controls.

Now apparently the instructions tell you the specific order plugs have to be pluged in to get the steering wheel controls working. Can anyone find theirs and help me?
I can get the a/c screen working, set the timeand date etc so the connects2 box is working.
Inside the connects2 box theres also a set of 4 switches, mine has 2up2down on, the unit was previousley used with a Panasonic unit (not pioneer) do I need to change these?
As I say, does anyone have the instructions handy or know where I can find them?
Struggling now!
You will need a pioneer patch lead. its the only way you will get that working.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
The instructions you get are not exactly comprehensive. There are no directions about dip switches on the black box - it should just work. If you are having problems, the plug that comes from the car loom that supplies power is connected last.

Not sure if you are saying that you have a Panasonic patch lead or a Pioneer. Best thing is give Bob at Impulse a ring if reconnecting doesn't fix it, he will know exactly what to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts