2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv been having problems with my oem satnav for a few weeks now and tried various cds which is leading me to believe its the disk unit...
Has anyone fitted a double din while having nav and has it caused any problems? I really don't fancy spending £500 for it to bring up warning lights

Any help would be much appreciated :-D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking that tbh but the sound quality is poor ? I'm changing the speakers in a few weeks so il see if that makes a difference

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
I was thinking that tbh but the sound quality is poor ? I'm changing the speakers in a few weeks so il see if that makes a difference
Unlikely to make a huge difference since the stock amp struggles to drive the existing speakers.

You're better off getting a decent amp and keeping the stock speakers, or if you have the funds, replace the speakers too, and consider sound deadening.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Generally any recognisable name should be fine, but as with most companies, some specific products can be real lemons.

If you have some kind of idea as to what you want to do, and how much you want to spend, it may be easier to suggest specific products.

For example, you may wish to consider an XCarLink or similar, then you wouldn't need the CD player to function.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not the cd player that's the problem, it's the sat nav that's winding me up lol I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
If you really want to ditch the nav it should be possible to buy the standard Type R clock and plastic dash panel that goes in front. The wiring loom is different, however for the bits you need, it shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know if it's just the screen I need or a whole dash mate? If it's just the screen il get it done ☺

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
If you really want to ditch the nav it should be possible to buy the standard Type R clock and plastic dash panel that goes in front. The wiring loom is different, however for the bits you need, it shouldn't matter.
As above. So, not the whole dash.

You will end up with a few redundant connections, but otherwise it should work.

Take into account this is an educated guess that it will work, based on what I've seen in other threads, not a guarantee.

If you currently have Bluetooth you will need to disconnect that too, as it can't be used with a double din.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts