2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I upgrade the multimedia system to double din,
but I wanted to ask if anything knew how to connect the original usb and aux (which is under the armrest)?
And if so then how?

Thanks !

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
We're go need to know what head unit you have buddy, as the connectivity will be solely down to whether your new unit has the capability of plugging into to the sockets you have.

If if doesn't then you could wire up the USB to the options connector and turn it into a charging port.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The system is Nippon Kaier (do not know specific model) but is not it just a car cable that plugs into double din with adapter?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Currently trying to do the same as yourself, since I've just upgraded the head unit too.

Not sure about the one you have, but on mine there's a Female USB port, which I can plug a Male-to-Male USB adapter into,

Then go from that, into the armrest USB connector with a Honda USB adapter (quick search should bring them up - can't post links myself)

Providing your head unit has a USB port, this should work for you too. Haven't tried it myself yet but will report back and let you know as soon as I've tested it.

Hope that makes sense!

-Harley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts