2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I started from work and my Growler decided it was time for a DPF regeneration, only this time the DPF warning icon came up. I tried doing some miles on the motorway as that normally helps with the regen, to no avail, so I decided with a heavy heart to go see my dealer. They kept the car there to check on oil levels and if necessary to do at least the 60000 km oil and filter change, since I can't pay for the complete service just this week. I'm seriously bummed now, even more to see that even my courtesy Jazz has a flip key and I don't! :p I'll keep you guys updated, I should get a call after lunch.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
They can force start a Regen with HDS so all should be fine, just hope it's not over a certain % saturated or they will try and sell you a new one!

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They can force start a Regen with HDS so all should be fine, just hope it's not over a certain % saturated or they will try and sell you a new one!

In that case I'm going to opt to have it removed and pay the extra taxes and MOT transformation fee instead!

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Really bad news, they tried a manual regen and it didn't work, they're going to have to remove the DPF and clean it manually, and if that doesn't work it'll have to be replaced under warranty... I'm really, really bummed now, the car's going to be gone over the weekend and I won't even know if they can do the cleaning tomorrow or not because they have quite the full schedule... wish me luck on this one guys, I feel like I really need it!

Another question which I have been dreading to ask, has anyone experienced similar problems with remapped 2.2s?

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
I feel your pain mate.
I had the same problems with my HDi Peugeot 206.
Although I wasn't lucky enough to have it replaced under warranty.
Peugeot consider the DPF to be a servicable item that isn't covered under the warranty (unless it packed up after a very short period).
Cost me £950 to have it replaced.

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well as a cherry on top the read brake pads and discs have to be replaced, the pads jammed themselves sideways in some way and gauged the discs... both sides! Wonder what did that, I never had an emergency braking that would've damaged the brakes that bad. Well at least I know where the metallic scraping sounds came from -.- I got the confirmation that the warranty will cover the DPF replacement, together with the manhours... I'm pleased!

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Well as a cherry on top the read brake pads and discs have to be replaced, the pads jammed themselves sideways in some way and gauged the discs... both sides! Wonder what did that, I never had an emergency braking that would've damaged the brakes that bad. Well at least I know where the metallic scraping sounds came from -.- I got the confirmation that the warranty will cover the DPF replacement, together with the manhours... I'm pleased!
Brakes did that because bloody women drivers and you got it as warranty by saying "pwease nice man can I have it fweeee" then vending over ;)

Ps I'm properly ill but I am not trying your technique ;)

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brakes did that because bloody women drivers and you got it as warranty by saying "pwease nice man can I have it fweeee" then vending over ;)

Ps I'm properly ill but I am not trying your technique ;)
Firstly: I'm not your typical woman driver. I have someone who can prove that to you.

Secondly: No, I didn't ask for the warranty jump-in, they did it voluntarily.

Thirdly: Your peen is mighty small, my good man ;-)

Yes, I got my car back already. All I paid for was the new brakes and the 60000 km service. Courtesy car for free. Suck on that, Rob :p

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Firstly: I'm not your typical woman driver. I have someone who can prove that to you.

Secondly: No, I didn't ask for the warranty jump-in, they did it voluntarily.

Thirdly: Your peen is mighty small, my good man ;-)

Yes, I got my car back already. All I paid for was the new brakes and the 60000 km service. Courtesy car for free. Suck on that, Rob :p
Hahahah if this cough and cold persists ill be sucking up many a thing..... Throat soothers not what you was thinking get your mind out the gutter ;)

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Hahahah if this cough and cold persists ill be sucking up many a thing..... Throat soothers not what you was thinking get your mind out the gutter ;)
:confused::confused: - Brakes did that because bloody women drivers and you got it as warranty by saying "pwease nice man can I have it fweeee" then vending over

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:confused::confused: - Brakes did that because bloody women drivers and you got it as warranty by saying "pwease nice man can I have it fweeee" then vending over
Never mind Bob, he's a bit jealous, is all :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts