2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
341 - 360 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Civic Tourer 1.6 D-TEC (60.000km-37000mi)
46 Posts
Hi all.
Sorry for not answering earlier - much work and organizing issues with kids.
Foreword: there are HDS and i-HDS software parts. As i understood the i-HDS part is for newer models, so for my Honda from 2011 i should use only HDS. Therefore all following part is about HDS only. Additional info - i am still struggling to get HDS working on Win11 laptop - there are issues with installing (i assume), because there are no shortcuts for HDS launcher on desktop after installation, and if i start it manually - then i get not that i am expecting to get (comparing to same laptop model with Win10). It is even not about drivers, but about software itself not running.
So to HDS + W10 part:
1. Install HDS on Win10 (i have used latest version i could get - 3.104).
2. then extract the folder "XHorse" from attached archive (rename it to XHorse.7z) into folder "c:\GenRad". This GenRad folder was created by HDS installer, and contains one subfolder "DiagSystem", so here comes 2nd folder XHorse. I had to pack this folder with password because Windows defender deleted this file 2 times i have tried to unpack it. So make sure to disable your antivirus software when unpacking it, and put this folder in its exception list. This was also described/warned in internet. The password is "XHorse".
3. open this folder and double click on file "c:\GenRad\XHorse\Xhorse64.reg". Make sure that the path is so a i wrote, or you can adjust the paths in this file if you want to have this folder anywhere else.
4. After it in cable select window you should get "XHorse HDS USB Cable" from manufacturer "China Aliexpress" (i just typed these strings in this REG file, so if you want - you can adjust it as you like). Select this item and go on with HDS software.
That's it.
If anyone will get troubles with this tutorial - let me know, and i will change it to more understandable sentences.
So, good luck!
Thanks Igor. All is very clear and simple, but, after renaming to .7z, I can't extract the archive with password XHorse. Tried winrar, and other software, all gives empty files. Are you sure of the password? Turned off windows real time protection and make an exclusion for the folder in which I was working.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can confirm that Vasilich procedure to run HDS on Win10 is OK. Tried DIESEL menu, data listing is ok, also tried to start a forced regen and it seems ok. I use HDS 3.104 that you could find online. After installation I have only to make the shortcut to launch HDS pointing at C:\GenRad\DiagSystem\Launcher\launcher.exe. Otherwise there are only 2 shortcut for configuring MVCI that are not supposed to launch HDS. After installation run HDS press F12 and select EUROPE for MARKET and Xhorse for device. If you don't change market to Europe it gives VIN error.

It's amazing that Xhorse cable manufacturer did not discover that simple solution to run drivers on win10.
Thank you very much Igor for discover this trick and share with us.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks a lot. Using 32 bit version is not my choice unfortunately, I have a little win10 tablet with 32gb E-MMC memory, and 64 bit version is too large for the internal memory. It is 10" screen so it is very handy to use while in the car.

Maybe the administrator of this thread could make a resume in the first post to avoid other users loosing time with old methods to run HDS. In the first posts all are conviced the only way to run is using a laptop with Xp installed... Then we discover virtual machine, and finally we managed to run in win 10 native. And very important, if you only need to read DPF parameters you could make the job with OBD2 dongle and Torque App.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Finally got around to checking my dpf on hds.

It seems the last time the car done a regen was a while ago. Is this normal?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Honda CR-V III (RE6) i-DTEC 2.2D (N22B3) MT 2011
46 Posts
@stu1690
can you post better picture - the quality of your posted photo is so awful that i cannot recognize any digit in values.
For such cases it is better to make screenshots on notebook, not a photo with phone.

·
Registered
223 Posts
@stu1690

Active regeneration Generally occurs every 528 miles (850km) although this is dependent on how the vehicle is driven. For example, if the vehicle is driven at low loads in urban traffic regularly, active regeneration will occur more often. This is due to the rapid build-up of particulate in the DPF than if the vehicle is driven at high speeds when passive regeneration will have occurred.

Passive regeneration requires no special engine management intervention and occurs during normal engine operation. The passive regeneration involves a slow conversion of the particulate matter deposited in the DPF into carbon dioxide. This process is active when the DPF temperature reaches 250°C (482°F) and is a continuous process when the vehicle is being driven at higher engine loads and speeds During passive regeneration, only a portion of the particulate matter is converted into carbon dioxide. This is due to the chemical reaction process which is only effective within the normal operating temperature range of 250°C to 500°C (482°F to 932°F).

·
Registered
170 Posts
I will get a better image after my work today.
I have tried to clean up the image on my phone. Not sure if it will look better now.

Pm value is 9.3 which is fine I think but my last regen was 5092km ago!

Edit

I have just noticed that since I have a blue spark box for my 1.6l i-dtec I changed over to the top setting (E9) around 5000miles ago. Not sure if that has anything to do with the car not reporting a regen in that time but the milage is pretty close to what it was the last time it did a regen.

I suppose as long as the pm value doesn't go above the late teens and burns off while normal driving it should be OK.

I don't hoon about in the car as with the price of diesel I am trying to get half decent mpg out of since I commute 400miles a week in it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
the readings are strange: acc. to distance and fuel after regen, the average lpk value is around 3.4 l/100km, which is really low. and over 5k km after regen seems really much for me to have only 9g of soot...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have ordered an obd2 reader today, so I will mess around with that when I get it tomorrow. It will make it easier to check up on the dpf rather than having to boot up a netbook and load hds.

I will just be using on my android phone as I don't have the android headunit

I have also disconnected the bluespark box this morning (before heading off to my work) to see if the car regens on its own. Maybe the tune on the highest setting is running things hot enough to burn the soot while driving, thus not needing to regen?

The Pm value was 9.9 this morning after my 40mile commute to work. I think the car tries to regen around 12 if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Font Screenshot Software Terrestrial plant Rectangle

Hello guys.

A few questions from using the csv plugin. (1.6 i-dtec 2015)

-Why do I have 2 fields for last sucessfull regen?
-Are the shown values okay for my car? 56.000 miles, remap for about 800 miles ..
-what is the meaning of EGT 1?
- if the car was regening it would show on the dpf value active regen: "1"?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can I just check this is correct. I have a 1.6 dtec manual gearbox. Whenever I have this in the custom string the OBD adapter can't connect to the ECU, but torque can connect to the adapter. When I remove the custom string the adapter can connect to the ECU fine. Any ideas?
Font Screenshot Software Terrestrial plant Multimedia

·
Registered
46 Posts
A few questions from using the csv plugin
answers from creator of this csv file :)
-Why do I have 2 fields for last sucessfull regen?
no idea. in csv file there is only one entry for this. Probably you have changed something in that PID and later imported csv again.
-what is the meaning of EGT 1?
EGT 1 = Exhaust Gas Temperature for sensor 1:
Gesture Font Parallel Diagram Rectangle

on this picture: I = catalyzator, II = DPF, III - differential pressure sensor.
EGT 1 is the temperature, that can be controlled to see the regeneration attempts: active regen normally pumps its value to range 540-640 °C, passive regen can heat it up to 460 °C.
- if the car was regening it would show on the dpf value active regen: "1"?
read this thread (my post about this value DPF follow-up with Honda HDS software ). It SHOULD go to 1 in active regen mode, but i cannon guarantee this as there is no description for any of 32 bits for this value, so i made formula for this PID from my experience/analyze only.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 1.6 dtec manual gearbox
what production year and what Honda model do you have?
What is the answer from your OBD adapter to "AT PPS" command (in terminal or "ELM327 chat" app)?
It is possible that your ECU has different address, or your ELM adapter is faulty/fake and able to communicate over standard OBD mode 01 only.

·
Registered
23 Posts
what production year and what Honda model do you have?
What is the answer from your OBD adapter to "AT PPS" command (in terminal or "ELM327 chat" app)?
It is possible that your ECU has different address, or your ELM adapter is faulty/fake and able to communicate over standard OBD mode 01 only.
Busy at the moment, but I've had a browse of the CRV forum thread and saw that someone had a value of -0.3g PM. Mine did actually briefly connect the other day and that's what it showed so I suspect the adapter I have isn't one with the correct chip. Ordered a new one with the correct chip. Thanks for your work on this, very very useful!

341 - 360 of 410 Posts