2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
361 - 380 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
answers from creator of this csv file :)
no idea. in csv file there is only one entry for this. Probably you have changed something in that PID and later imported csv again.

I havent changed nothing.

EGT 1 is the temperature, that can be controlled to see the regeneration attempts: active regen normally pumps its value to range 540-640 °C, passive regen can heat it up to 460 °C.

Understood, so passive up to 460.C degrees and active from 540 to 640.

read this thread (my post about this value DPF follow-up with Honda HDS software ). It SHOULD go to 1 in active regen mode, but i cannon guarantee this as there is no description for any of 32 bits for this value, so i made formula for this PID from my experience/analyze only.

Yesterday I just turned on the car and it was showing 197 .. on the active regen, but surely the car wasn't doing a regen.

I checked the EGR "error" and EGR Comand, both of them were moving, if the car was actually doing a regen they shoudn't move right? but which one is the right one?
Answers in red @Vasilich

·
Registered
Honda CR-V III (RE6) i-DTEC 2.2D (N22B3) MT 2011
46 Posts
answers from creator of this csv file :)
no idea. in csv file there is only one entry for this. Probably you have changed something in that PID and later imported csv again.
I havent changed nothing.
then just delete one of those PIDs. As i said, it could be unintentionally that you have changed something. But csv file has only ONE definition for this PID. So the rest is made on your side.

EGT 1 is the temperature, that can be controlled to see the regeneration attempts: active regen normally pumps its value to range 540-640 °C, passive regen can heat it up to 460 °C.
Understood, so passive up to 460.C degrees and active from 540 to 640.
540-640 in working time. Please note that this temperature cannot change instantly, and raises/lgetting lower in some minutes.

read this thread (my post about this value DPF follow-up with Honda HDS software ). It SHOULD go to 1 in active regen mode, but i cannon guarantee this as there is no description for any of 32 bits for this value, so i made formula for this PID from my experience/analyze only.
Yesterday I just turned on the car and it was showing 197 .. on the active regen, but surely the car wasn't doing a regen.
there are 2 PIDs - "active regeneration" and "automatic regeneration control status value". What of these 2 have you checked?
And i have to correct myself - "active regen" is zero when there is no active regen, and above zero - if regen is ongoing.
and again - read the link i have posted, and post the status value for the case if "active regen" is wrong in your case.

I checked the EGR "error" and EGR Comand, both of them were moving, if the car was actually doing a regen they shoudn't move right? but which one is the right one?
I don't know any dependence of EGR from active regen.

-Are the shown values okay for my car? 56.000 miles, remap for about 800 miles ..
I don't know what do you mean under "remap", and I don't really want to convert all values from imperial to metric to weight it. Sorry.

guys I can't connect my elm 327 to the stock headunit via bluetooth, I can connect it to my phone. but I wanted to use torque in the car..
Find a forum for your headunit, and ask there. There are too many variations of HUs with its own quirks concerning bluetooth. Some of them work only with special OBD adapters from same manufacturer, some need to set default pairing password to 1234, etc...

·
Registered
72 Posts
what dpf values? pls write full names of PIDs when reporting a problem.
.again - what PID shows this value?
It is hard to help if you don't give me exact information of what is happening on your side.
This one after I start my car is showing 197.

Also the PID elast time from the last regeneration is always showing 0, even after I put some kms on the car when its cold

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Then either you have changed PID formulas after import, or your OBD adapter doesn't work properly.
Does PID "Elapsed time from last DPF regen" ever showed correct values for you?
What version of Torque do you use? For showing of seconds in H:M:S format at least v1.12.88 should be used.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I now have an OBD2 Bluetooth reader, Torque Pro and ELM327Chat apps but i have no idea what i have to do with them to get them to read the DPF values on Torque Pro. I have also downloaded the IDTEC CVS file provided by Vasilch.

I have a 1.6l Honda Civic (FK3 N16A1)

·
Registered
46 Posts
import CSV file into your Torque (settings - PID management), set custom init string to Honda CR-V iDTEC (N22B3) in torque vehicle profile , and put gauges with PIDs that you are interested in, on dashboard/realtime view.
If it won't work as expected, then close torque, start elm327chat, connect it, send "AT PPS" and "AT AL" strings, and share resulting strings here.
Pls share also your car's production year.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Got the car to connect with torque Pro and I have imported the pid file.

When putting widgets onto the dashboard I am getting -0.3 for pm value and over 4000 miles since last regen.

My car did do a regen this week, which is indicated on hds and shows 2.4g pm value over 517.20km

My Civic is a 2014 plate.

In elm327chat I get nothing when I input AT PPS. When I input AT AL this is the values I get from it.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've just received a new obd adapter and it's now making some more sense, but I just have a few questions and things I'd appreciate your thoughts on.

Similar to novel, the active regen is showing as 129. Based on Vasilich's response this should be showing as 0 unless it's doing a regen? This was also from a cold start. I've not make any changes to the pid.

Secondly, my pm estimate feels wrong. Based on the distance from last regen of 380k i would have expected more than 0.3g, particularly when my driving is mixed town/fast A roads. I've also noticed the equation for this is 'T*0.3', could this be returning 1 hence it's showing 0.3? What is T?

The seconds from last regen seems to be reasonable, does this suggest that my obd adapter is working?

Finally, stu, you will need a new adapter. I had one that showed that previously.
Font Screenshot Software Terrestrial plant Slope

Edit: some more details. 1.6 dtec, manual gearbox, 2014 year

·
Registered
46 Posts
Similar to novel, the active regen is showing as 129.
1. again, please, read my posts carefully DPF follow-up with Honda HDS software
2. problem with Novel is that he haven't reported any value from the link i posted above. And his value was 197 (after my second question 8) )
pm estimate feels wrong
yes, i would also assume that it is wrong. To be able to analyze it further I need output to following commands send in ELM327Chat:
AT WS
AT H0
AT S1
AT AL
AT CAF1
AT SP7
AT SH DA10F1

berrer to post answers as .log file from \ELM327Chat folder on your phone after exiting ELM327chat - look date/time in file names.
What is T?
this is byte number 20 (T in latin alphabet) in received answer (counting bytes after header, starting with first byte = A).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Which one should i buy that is confirmed to work correctly with my 2014 Civic 1.6l i-dtec?

·
Registered
163 Posts
2. problem with Novel is that he haven't reported any value from the link i posted above. And his value was 197 (after my second question 8) )
yes, i would also assume that it is wrong. To be able to analyze it further I need output to following commands send in ELM327Chat:
AT WS
AT H0
AT S1
AT AL
AT CAF1
AT SP7
AT SH DA10F1

berrer to post answers as .log file from \ELM327Chat folder on your phone after exiting ELM327chat - look date/time in file names.
this is byte number 20 (T in latin alphabet) in received answer (counting bytes after header, starting with first byte = A).
I couldn't find the log file for elm327chat on my phone but here are the results from typing in the commands.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
AT WS
AT H0
AT S1
AT AL
AT CAF1
AT SP7
AT SH DA10F1

So I tried it again today and like yesterday I was getting 0.3g but I started driving and it suddenly updated to something a lot more reasonable. Think I'm sorted now (y)
Font Gadget Screenshot Multimedia Number

With regards to the active regen, here is ignition but engine not on:
Font Screenshot Software Technology Electronic device

Here is straight after turning on the engine, which strangely is a different number to yesterday:
Font Screenshot Technology Software Terrestrial plant

It then updated to when driving:
Font Screenshot Technology Terrestrial plant Software

Not sure if that's of any use?

·
Registered
72 Posts
guys I know this thread is about DPF's but since we all use torque, I need your help to check something in my battery..

When my Engine is off, my battery stay's at 11.9 volts.. and I turn on the engine RIGHT AFTER TURNING ON it keeps the same voltage...

If I turn on my headlights the battery goes up 14.4 volts.. on the medium beams 14.4 and on the minimum beams 12.3volts..

CAN YOU GUYS TEST YOUR TORQUE? Its the last graph on the list that says voltage.

Please help?
ENGINE OFF AND ENGINE RIGHT AFTER TURN ON.
View attachment 325292

ENGINE ON - MINIMUM BEAM

View attachment 325293

LOW BEAM

View attachment 325294

361 - 380 of 404 Posts