2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
381 - 400 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
@NoveL

Please see the 12 Volt Car Battery Voltage Status Chart below, as you can see you only have 1.98 volts per cell and battery is at 40% state of charge - You could try a repair battery charge, but I think your battery may have seen better days.
To prove the above you need to arrange a high-rate discharge test to confirm battery condition.

Font Line Material property Rectangle Parallel

·
Registered
72 Posts
@NoveL

Please see the 12 Volt Car Battery Voltage Status Chart below, as you can see you only have 1.98 volts per cell and battery is at 40% state of charge - You could try a repair battery charge, but I think your battery may have seen better days.
To prove the above you need to arrange a high-rate discharge test to confirm battery condition.

View attachment 325296

How do I do the high test discharge ?

Thanks in advance. The car just starts right on!

·
Registered
Honda CR-V III (RE6) i-DTEC 2.2D (N22B3) MT 2011
46 Posts
guys I know this thread is about DPF's but ...
You know that this is the wrong thread for your theme, but continue to violate forum rules :/
I suggest you to create new thread (with Torque app, or custom PIDs, or your particular problem with battery voltage), and post link to it here. Then i can share my knowledge and thoughts (and one new PID for your problem ;) ) in appropriate thread.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You know that this is the wrong thread for your theme, but continue to violate forum rules :/
I suggest you to create new thread (with Torque app, or custom PIDs, or your particular problem with battery voltage), and post link to it here. Then i can share my knowledge and thoughts (and one new PID for your problem ;) ) in appropriate thread.

Ive created a new post.
But my english is very bad , i could only put the torque with the idtec because i watched tutorials.

Here is my thread if you could share the pid, thank you

I need to use google translator to understand

Im still working on that print screen for the dpf values

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought another obd2 reader and now the values match with HDS.

Unfortunately it's a WiFi obd2 but at least this one works. I think I need to manually pair it every time I use it. Might just need to mess about with the settings on my phone.

I still need to sort out what info I need to be displayed and get it looking a bit better.

Thank you for all the help in getting me setup Vasilich.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
For DPF active reg you can configure new display type - icon in desired colour. earlier in this thread i have posted screenshot https://www.civinfo.com/attachments/3_2_10_46_19-png.324897/ of my test dashboard with yellow DPF sign for warning me that PM value is 6+ g, so auto regen can start in short, and red DPF soot icon - when auto regen is active

·
Registered
46 Posts
I already wrote it here at least 2 times - you cannot determine whether OBD adapter is good or not from outside view. There are 3 types of housings for that type of adapter - small blue (half-transparent)/black/white without on//off switch, black with switch (like your), and black bigger ones (mostly with dark blue/orange sticker). In each housing type there can be either good adapter (with PIC chip), or bad adapter (not supporting some commands at all, or not supporting but reporting OK to support queries).
Dismantle it and check whether it has PIC18F25K80. If not - buy new one with that chip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry, my fault. The header column is mandatory in Torque, all others after it are optional.
I have reuploaded the file, now importing does work at least on my phone. Try to redownload it (from previous page), delete TXT extension, and import in Torque
First time posting here and I was looking at buying a 1.6 I-Dtec with 47000 miles. Coming from a Ford Fiesta where I monitor DPF regeneration with forscan I hit upon your solution with using Torque and I was wondering how you actually set up the car profile? I downloaded your list and deleted the txt extension leaving it as csv. In Torque I made a Honda Civic profile (I didn't change anything except setting fuel to diesel as I'm not too bothered by checking other metrics), now that profile is active I then went to settings--manage extra pids/sensors--import csv file and successfully imported the list.
The list appears as green squares with "normal pid" inside followed by information like "iDTEC calculated PM" value and so on. The question is where do I go from there? Would I view it under the "realtime information" section and have to set up manual dashboard? Do I have to input the cars engine information somewhere?

Apologies for the ignorance but having only really used forscan this is quite different and I might be viewing the car in the next couple days!

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought another obd2 reader and now the values match with HDS.

Unfortunately it's a WiFi obd2 but at least this one works. I think I need to manually pair it every time I use it. Might just need to mess about with the settings on my phone.

I still need to sort out what info I need to be displayed and get it looking a bit better.

Thank you for all the help in getting me setup Vasilich.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I have elm327 and torque Pro. How can I get this information on my phone please ? I

·
Registered
46 Posts
@mikem99487
@Bear0803
these questions aren't related to Civic, not to any Honda, and not even to any specific car manufacturer.
Please use search engines (google. bing, youtube, etc.) - there are more than enough explanations on how to use Torque app, how to add custom PIDs, how to add gauges on dashboards...
Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have elm327 and torque Pro. How can I get this information on my phone please ? I
Download the file attached made by Vasilich.

In Torque Pro click on settings/Manage extra PIDs/Import CVS file then select the file you downloaded.
Select Vehicle profile and type into the Profile Name (Honda CRV IDTEC (N22B3)
In Realtime Information add the relevant displays you want to show like PM Value ect.

That is what worked for me tbh.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Civic Tourer 1.6 D-TEC (60.000km-37000mi)
43 Posts
Just received a super cheap OBDII adapter from aliexpress (2,44 $ include shipping) and tested OK for reading DPF parameters with torque.
This is the images of the working adapter for other users that want to buy, you can see seller name in the last image (aliexpress).

Blue Gadget Rectangle Electric blue Font
Automotive lighting Gadget Rectangle Window Automotive fog light

Rectangle Font Parallel Electronic device Electric blue

·
Registered
43 Posts
I will get a better image after my work today.
I have tried to clean up the image on my phone. Not sure if it will look better now.

Pm value is 9.3 which is fine I think but my last regen was 5092km ago!

5000 km after last regen is fine, if you do a lot of highway you could ever not seen any active regen at all, it happens to me the same, about 4000 kms without active regen and DPF particulate floating at around 8-10 grams. After high speed trips particulate goes down a little bit to 8, then goes up in city trips a bit to 9-10, then goes down on highway again... At high loads it simply passive regen the filter maintaining it at 8-10 grams of particulate. Remember the car start active regen at about 12 grams, if it never reach 12 grams it would never start an active regen.

·
Registered
72 Posts
5000 km after last regen is fine, if you do a lot of highway you could ever not seen any active regen at all, it happens to me the same, about 4000 kms without active regen and DPF particulate floating at around 8-10 grams. After high speed trips particulate goes down a little bit to 8, then goes up in city trips a bit to 9-10, then goes down on highway again... At high loads it simply passive regen the filter maintaining it at 8-10 grams of particulate. Remember the car start active regen at about 12 grams, if it never reach 12 grams it would never start an active regen.

mine is around 8-9 grams with 2000k km without doing an active regen I was worried about this, but now I see its normal. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
mine is around 8-9 grams with 2000k km without doing an active regen I was worried about this, but now I see its normal. :)
don't worry, see image below from my car.
Long regen intervals means you are driving the car in the best way to preserve your DPF/engine.
DPF will be always quite full (8-10gr), but you do not have to stress engine with active regens.
Long regen intervals simply means you do a lot of travel with high engine load, beware that climb a mountain is equivalent to engine load of an highway trip.
Mind how DPF particulate goes down by itself after a long moutain/pass climb.

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Number

·
Registered
72 Posts
don't worry, see image below from my car.
Long regen intervals means you are driving the car in the best way to preserve your DPF/engine.
DPF will be always quite full (8-10gr), but you do not have to stress engine with active regens.
Long regen intervals simply means you do a lot of travel with high engine load, beware that climb a mountain is equivalent to engine load of an highway trip.
Mind how DPF particulate goes down by itself after a long moutain/pass climb.

View attachment 325409

thanks next weekend I have another 370 miles trip (going and coming) hope I get some more grams out of the DPF and increse the kms without a regen.

381 - 400 of 404 Posts