2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
401 - 404 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Civic Tourer 1.6 D-TEC (60.000km-37000mi)
43 Posts
I see that even if you do very long highway trips (1000/1500km continuous) it is impossible to go below 8 grams of particulate with passive regens.
So you simply float around 9-10 grams with long trips and short commute usage. If you pass the 12 grams limit active regen starts itself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just witnessed my first regen in action via the OBD tool. The car didn't fancy doing it while I was on the motorway for an hour but decided the perfect time was while I was 5 minutes from home sat in the McDonald's drive through :ROFLMAO:

Thankfully it managed to finish by the time I got home 🍔

Was quite fun to see the PM value drop in real time though

Font Screenshot Software Darkness Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
163 Posts
5000 km after last regen is fine, if you do a lot of highway you could ever not seen any active regen at all, it happens to me the same, about 4000 kms without active regen and DPF particulate floating at around 8-10 grams. After high speed trips particulate goes down a little bit to 8, then goes up in city trips a bit to 9-10, then goes down on highway again... At high loads it simply passive regen the filter maintaining it at 8-10 grams of particulate. Remember the car start active regen at about 12 grams, if it never reach 12 grams it would never start an active regen.
The last time i checked HDS before removing my Bluespark box it was over 6000km. Within a week of driving (under 400miles) with the box removed i had a successful regen and have had another since then. My driving style has not changed since removing and i am still doing the same mileage per week.

I am wondering if having the box fitted on it's highest setting (E7) runs the engine and exhaust hotter thus burning off the soot while in motion?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The last time i checked HDS before removing my Bluespark box it was over 6000km. Within a week of driving (under 400miles) with the box removed i had a successful regen and have had another since then. My driving style has not changed since removing and i am still doing the same mileage per week.

I am wondering if having the box fitted on it's highest setting (E7) runs the engine and exhaust hotter thus burning off the soot while in motion?
so this means remap's and boxes are better for the car?

I also have a remap on my car. Since i've done the remap I've notice it makes more kms without making a regen.

401 - 404 of 404 Posts