2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I been doing deliveries for past month and dpf logo has come up I couldn't figure out as didn't said dpf just the logo took it on dual carriageway 40 mph 3000 revs for about 20-minutes checked it this morning the logo is still there any tips or advise it's 1.6 diesel 2014 model Civic
Please give advise

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
no experience with this but id guess if its poped up on screen then its going to need cleared at least
maybe even a forced burn from dealer
cars/vans with dpf are not designed for stop start deliveries

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not sure if you have a advanced computer which can talk to the ecu to force a regen. If you want to do it your self then, How to use HIM and HDS to make a forced regeneration of DPF

Most garages have this software but it can cost a bit.
Its idtec not sure I am going on holiday for 3 weeks so maybe take it into dealers when I come back I really don't want to mess with it. I thought maybe there's a way I can reset and hope I can get a regen so I can take it to the motorway some strange reason I never had that option

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no experience with this but id guess if its poped up on screen then its going to need cleared at least
maybe even a forced burn from dealer
cars/vans with dpf are not designed for stop start deliveries
I know where you are coming from mate you r right. I'm just disappointed it never giving me an option to regen

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
yep
really think they should be farced to place a light or something on the dash to warn when regen is happening so the driver knows to do a few more miles to clear it
after all they say worst thing to do is switch off during regen

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep
really think they should be farced to place a light or something on the dash to warn when regen is happening so the driver knows to do a few more miles to clear it
after all they say worst thing to do is switch off during regen
Absolutely

1 - 11 of 11 Posts