2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm the 2nd owner of my HONDA CIVIC 1.6 SE (2018, DIESEL). Previous owner was a hire car company. The dpf first came after 8 monnths of buying the car. Took to my local honda dealer, they said its not covered under warranty and it will cost 拢2.5K for the job. They also said they dont have a courtesy car to lend.

A bit annoyed I went to another garage (not honda approved) for the job upon reccomendation by a friend who was more knowledgeable with cars and they provided me with a courtesy car. At first they said it would cost the same as Honda but had to put a sensor in, in total cost me just under 4k (with 1 year warranty from.honda)

After 3 months, the DPF light (serious one with !) Came back on with no warning this time. My local garage who fitted the dpf contacted honda for a new dpf filter but Honda refused on the grounds of;

1. Needs oil change every 6k miles
2. They werent convinced Regen was done properly

I even paid for inspection at honda to find out what the real issue was. Honda said it needs a new dpf filter. Today, my local garage did a forced regen and after driving around town, the lights came back on. 馃様

I dont want to pay anymore. I believe neither honda or my local garage wants to take responsibility. What should I do? Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Registered
I'd try Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards to see if they could point you in the right direction. The vehicle sounds as if it wasn't fit for purpose.

Registered
This really makes me feel we are walking on eggshells with a diesel and a DPF costing that much money.

Honda credibility ruined

Super Moderator
what type of use does the car get
theres only a very small amount of 1.6 civics get dpf issues compared to other cars

Registered
Hi all,

I'm the 2nd owner of my HONDA CIVIC 1.6 SE (2018, DIESEL). Previous owner was a hire car company. The dpf first came after 8 monnths of buying the car. Took to my local honda dealer, they said its not covered under warranty and it will cost 拢2.5K for the job. They also said they dont have a courtesy car to lend.

A bit annoyed I went to another garage (not honda approved) for the job upon reccomendation by a friend who was more knowledgeable with cars and they provided me with a courtesy car. At first they said it would cost the same as Honda but had to put a sensor in, in total cost me just under 4k (with 1 year warranty from.honda)

After 3 months, the DPF light (serious one with !) Came back on with no warning this time. My local garage who fitted the dpf contacted honda for a new dpf filter but Honda refused on the grounds of;

1. Needs oil change every 6k miles
2. They werent convinced Regen was done properly

I even paid for inspection at honda to find out what the real issue was. Honda said it needs a new dpf filter. Today, my local garage did a forced regen and after driving around town, the lights came back on. 馃様

I dont want to pay anymore. I believe neither honda or my local garage wants to take responsibility. What should I do? Any advice would be highly appreciated!

I've just had the same problem, I've had the dpf chemical cleaned and lambda sensor changed, cost me 拢222, well worth it. Think you should do the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts