2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Firstly I want to once again thank Paul, Neil and Ben for all of the superb work they done on the car, it was another superb weekend and the quality of the service I received was again second to none![smilie=gt-happyup.:

Also thanks to all the guys who turned up over the two days, it was very good to meet all of you, special thanks to Higham who came for the full day and kept me company, great guy with a great car!

Lets just say...if Carlsberg done Tuners....perhaps that will give an impression of the quality of the service I received...AGAIN! :D

OK so lets get down to the facts! Last year when I was down, I had the GM intake, Milltek Catback and RRC fitted as well as the Mugen short shifter, When FlashPRO mapped the car made a strong 230bhp (final run shows 224.8bhp due to the heat).

This year, I kina went a bit gung ho....having the FD2 TB, FD2 Cams, FD2 Oil Pump (or balancer shaft delete kit if you like), TDI Manifold and Skunk2 Carbon Fuel Rail and another FlashPRO map as well as a vented carbon bonnet :D

and.......

Bearing in mind the absolutely boiling conditions (trust me i've got the burns to prove it! lol) and the dyno showing the final (hot) run...the car made an absolutely amazing 244.9bhp giving me gains (dyno to dyno) of 20.1bhp and I gained an extra 15lb/ft torque too!

However these peak figures really only tells part of the story, the TDI manifold (removing the cat) helped massively across the midrange as you can see we're looking at an extra 30bhp and 30lb/ft torque (there or there abouts) in there...which, trust me, makes a MASSIVE difference!!;) In addition if you look at how well it holds its peak power at the top its just an outstanding result!

As for the bonnet...well it looks amazing, feels of very good quality and really works well with the red :D just need to find some mesh for the vents now:cool:

Cheers!!

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Great result there matey! Bet u are well chuffed :)

Reactions: DPG87

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Is that a red dino? Sure looks and goes like one ;)

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Sounds like an awesome trip. Looks like you made good gains. Can't wait to see it at the next meet

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
thats awesome mate, look forward to seeing the beast at sumo towers next week :cool:

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
thats fantastic results dave, the guys are fantastic there, everytime ive been, my car is completely transformed. although it does leave me wanting to go back for more..lol

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Good results

So whats next for your FN2?

See you at Sumo

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
good going Dave, shes coming along well - we need a meet up before I bugger off daan saaaf innit.

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Thats really impressive. I have to admit that seeing what can be acheived with the K20Z4 engine is making lean towards tuning mine now.

·
翻訳中に失わ
842 Posts
Great results there Dave :cool: Looking forward to seeing the Red Baron at next months meet :D

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
hope you put plenty of aftersun on those arms dave :p

sorry i couldn't stop to see the bonnet in the flesh........but there's always the weekend ;)

is that the only pic you've taken of it ?? looks good on the zoom :)

cracking gains there mate, you must be well pleased !!

will pm you about the weekend convoy.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts