2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Purchased a 2006 Civic Type-S only 2 weeks ago, this is my first post on the forum!

Unfortunately I've encountered trouble already. Driving down the motorway, suddenly heard a very loud noise so immediately slowed down and realised that it seemed to disappear at around 50mph. Having now checked underneath the car - I noticed a metal panel centred between the two wheels and close to the front bumper was hanging off.

Anybody able to tell me what this is? Would it have been caused by damage of a more vital part?

I'm hoping it won't be too expensive to fix :D

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the response. I tried to take a picture - coulden't really get underneath the car to get a good enough shot. Also it's pitch black which made it harder.

However, with you mentioning the engine tray, i found a picture for reference -

2008 HONDA CIVIC 1.8 PETROL ENGINE UNDER TRAY 2006-2011 | eBay

The metal panel to the left of the image appears to be what I mentioned. Having looked further it appeared rusty near the bolts.

Would it be easy enough to replace the damaged panel or would i have to consider the whole thing, as linked above?

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
i had the same on my old 1.8 went down scrap yard charged me a tenner if i removed it myself easy easy to fit.
i replaced the metal panel only as you discribed.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
That's the same as what happened to mine, it's a metal heat shield for the exhaust manifold. I rang Honda for a replacement and there £50! Going to have a look at mine today on a ramp see if I can resecure it or have to buy a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts