2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Civic Type-S GT 2.2
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After only owning this 2-3 weeks I have been tainted by this forum into doing a couple of mods, which I can imagine will turn into a full transformation.

I've only done a couple of minor things so far, like Civinfo stickers, Gers black type s sticker and a sports grille but here's a couple of pictures.

Here's one when i pulled up to work this morning after I spent 3-4 hours yesterdday, clay bar'ing, compounding, polishing and waxing trying to fix the previous owners paint neglect.

Spi Vision is going on tonight on the front and rear, wheels will be going in for a refurb shortly after 2 suffering kerbing from previous ownership. Going for a deep bronze colour I think. Along with colour coding and window tints

Any advice/opinions welcome.

Cheers, Drew.

·
Civic Type-S GT 2.2
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking good Drew, be careful with compounds & polishes on it, hope it wasn't anything too harsh. Keep up the good work ;)
It was just G3 scratch remover as it looked pretty battered from a roller car wash and just autoglym super resin polish, nice light pressure nothing too severe.

Thanks Shaun.

·
Civic Type-S GT 2.2
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I do like bronze wheels on NHB. Seeing your picture makes me want to colour code even more!

·
Civic Type-S GT 2.2
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spi vision fitted to the front. Will be doing the rear tomorrow evening.

Even had a helper. ;-)

·
Civic Type-S GT 2.2
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. More good things to come ;)

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Looks good mate, nice wheels ;)

·
Civic Type-S GT 2.2
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fitted some -30mm H&R springs last night. Here's the outcome. They'll end up sitting lower as they'll take a couple of days to settle etc.

Team hekos should be going on Monday.

Colour coding and new drilled/grooved discs and pads to be done by the end of the month all being well :)

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
looking really good Drew. Have you noticed much difference in how it drives now, or was the drop more about aesthetics?

How the chuff did you get your better half to help? Mine came out to see me today while I was putting in the reverse camera and just wandered of muttering "carlos fandango wheels next I guess?"..... :(

·
Civic Type-S GT 2.2
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looking really good Drew. Have you noticed much difference in how it drives now, or was the drop more about aesthetics?

How the chuff did you get your better half to help? Mine came out to see me today while I was putting in the reverse camera and just wandered of muttering "carlos fandango wheels next I guess?"..... :(
It drives so much better, less body roll, feels like it now goes where you want it to. I'll be getting a FRS sometime soon also.

As for the Mrs helping, she helped me do a full engine rebuild on one of my old 2 stroke motorbike engines, she loves it haha.

·
Civic Type-S GT 2.2
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks stunning, what sort of quotes have you had for colour coding as I really fancy mine doing
Thank you.

Luckily my step dad does bodywork for a living so it will only cost me for a litre of NHB which is around £40 for solvent based from fishers.

If your local to lincolnshire, I'm sure he'd look at doing a homer on the cheap for you?

Edit: just seen your about 3hrs away so it wouldn't be worth it, i'd put away a good few hundred at least for a body shop.

·
Civic Type-S GT 2.2
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got my blades off and prepped up ready for paint today/tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the result!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407741695.568335.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407741709.733783.jpg

I carbon wrapped my door handles and fuel cap. It was my first ever go at wrapping. I will be doing the fuel cap again as I'm not entirely happy with it. But here's some pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407741764.970217.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407741774.572481.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407741783.971927.jpg

My langka paint chip stuff arrived on Saturday, just waiting on touch up paint to sort my bonnet/wings out.

Pressed plates arrived on Saturday too so they will be going on sometime this week.

Got my hekos fitted. Rather easy to do!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407741922.916942.jpg

·
Civic Type-S GT 2.2
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just had a pic from the sprayer! Rather impressed with the results. Can't wait to put them on tonight!

·
Civic Type-S GT 2.2
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eeek! They're all done. Just missing the centre caps as the ball bag forgot to spray them. So I'll be picking them up tomorrow :) opinions? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407784311.502789.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407784330.439109.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407784352.139881.jpg

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Really like that mate

·
Civic Type-S GT 2.2
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks bud.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts