2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my pet hates especially with the car being painted 'Nighthawk Black' is that after I have washed it and taken a lot of care drying it off is to see sometime later the marks left by water that tends to dribble from the tailgate, door locks, bonnet and numerous other out of the way places. I have tried leaving the tailgate open a bit to let the water drain away from the car and the same with the bonnet but some always seems to remain to dribble out later :cry:

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done that only used an AutoGlym one, can't see that that will make a difference though. Does any one else use a hose pipe to rinse off? I have thought that maybe that is forcing water into nooks and crannies even though I tend to use it with a spray attachment.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
My driveway is on a very slight slope. So every time I wash the car, I have to open the front doors afterwards to let the water drain out of them because they collect the water ! :x

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I use a pressure washer to prewash, then finally to rinse off. I find the tailgate is the worst culprit for this and I hold it at various angles until most of the water runs out. Still a pain in the bum though as the plastic bit dribbles for a while afterwards. The number plate does as well

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I used to use a pressure washer till we got the hosepipe ban. I find round the door handles and wing mirrors is prone to holding water, I tried using my electric tyre inflator to blow the water out, but it was a cheap one and did not have the legs to do it, my favorite way, kitchen towel, just fold it quite thick and stick it on the relavent slots, by the time you have got the polish etc etc from the garage you should have no water left pooling to run down the panels whilst polishing. Or, Ihave also tried taking the car for a drive round the block to get the water out.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never thought I would say this, but I now think (As a lot of other members do) that Meguiars products are the best. Up to now I have always rated AutoGlym as the best but no longer after using the Meguiars shampoo, polish and micro fiber cloths. Just washed and polished with the Meguiars products and what a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts