2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"Boards don't hit back"
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just fitted my honda dog guard and had to drill 2 holes in the trim that the parcel shelf fits on......anyway the only 12mm drill bit I had had a sort of socket fitting on so when I've drilled the hole as I have pulled the drill away the drill bit has fallen off and gone inside the trim "oh no" I said (if you spell no with an F and K in it).

Anyway, does anyone know or have any ideas how I can get it out?

Cheers all

Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
"Boards don't hit back"
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try n dig one out, I don't even know where it is now so needle in a haystack in pitch black springs to mind.

·
"Boards don't hit back"
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't heard it yet, I may just turn the stereo up louder so there is no chance of hearing it cos it will bug me once I do.

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Trim is easily removed. I had to remove mine when trying to work out why my parking sensors weren't working.

If its between the two metal panels where the seats are the seatbelts can be removed to get access behind it. (I managed to loose a screwdriver down there while trying to remove the beeper part or sensors) if need be I can point you in the direction of a step by step guide on here.

Don't judge me. I was born to be awesome not perfect.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
"Easily" is a bit of a simplification... it's not like changing a battery or even getting to the stereo; bit more involved here!

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Easily as in 4 bolts and the rest is clips. I managed it without breaking any too and I wasn't being super soft with it either.

OK i meant easier than it looks. :)

Don't judge me. I was born to be awesome not perfect.

·
"Boards don't hit back"
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you remove the side trim where the jack is kept, I think it's down there somewhere.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Easily as in 4 bolts and the rest is clips. I managed it without breaking any too and I wasn't being super soft with it either.

OK i meant easier than it looks. :)
Me too but I don't fancy doing it again :lol:

The trim unclips around the edge, you can work from the boot lid edge and back towards the door to hopefully give yourself some working space to get in.

However I seriously wouldn't bother unless it's rattling or is loose.

·
"Boards don't hit back"
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Think I'll see how I go before ripping it apart. Cheers guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts