2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as title my drive/aux belt was looking well worn so I ordered a new one with my rear springs. Popped in on the other day but I then notice a faint wub wub noise. It was changing with my speed and disappears when I’m up to speed. Bit of head under the bonnet action and I linked it to a noise coming from the new belt after fitting. Now there was no noise before and the belt all appears to be seated nicely. I assumed they don’t take time to “bed on”?
I got this vid you can hear the faint wub then faster wubs when I Rev (god these chain driven 1.8’s sound like tractors when up close 😅)

Wub wub

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just seen a few videos saying Dayco belts are know to generate noise if you have very slight pulley misalignment. It certainly doesn’t sound like your typical faulty bearing plus they all felt ok when I swapped it

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
i got the same with a Bando belt that i put on a couple of months ago, seems to do it when in the warm up cycle when it revs to 2000 and slowly drops down to tickover, it does seem to have reduced as the miles have gone on.

totally quiet on tickover except for the wind rush as it turns

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took my Dayco off today and replaced with a continental contitech. Reading around Dayco are known to be chirpy and the material on the Conti is softer and matt rather than hard and shiney. I could squeek the Dayco with my thumb. So far the noise has gone but will keep an eye on it

Hopefully it’s solved it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts