2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have struggled with this problem for months. I have read most threads online to see where others driver floor leaks may have come from:
  • Removed roof trim, no visible leaking area, all dry and clean
  • Checked drainage off windscreen, including putting a water hose in there and it didnt cause a drip onto the floor
  • Checked side door and poured water there and I cant see any increase in water coming in
It leaks when parked. Checked underside of car, no damage or leak area. Removed trim inside car and I can see area its leaking down to. See picture. imgur.com/a/BStTu
imgur.com/a/NJg3X
I was suspicious about this area but dont see any problems and when I poured water over it, it didnt cause a drip.
imgur.com/a/UFoJt

Im lost. I have no idea where to go from here.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Is it collecting in the door, then draining in after rainfall? I had this on my 1.8. Water drain holes at the bottom of the door were plugged.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Is it collecting in the door, then draining in after rainfall? I had this on my 1.8. Water drain holes at the bottom of the door were plugged.
I dont understand. Collecting in the door? The seals around the door seem fine. I can not see how it can get in the driver door area. I have not seen any water drain holes in the door. This is the 1.8 civic vtec with leather seats. The SE I think.

Edit: As you can see in the pics, the water is draining down from at least wing mirror height.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
I can't see any pics attached? I had a 1.8se mk8 and the drainage holes at the bottom of the drivers door were bunged up, water collected inside the door. Probably not the problem you have by the sound of it.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Hmmm. Have you taken the scuttle panel off to check at the bottom of the windscreen?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm. Have you taken the scuttle panel off to check at the bottom of the windscreen?
Ive taken off the plastic trim under the window wipers but havent really looked at the bottom of the windscreen. Ill have a look. Thanks for the inspiration!! Wish youd a btc address, id tip.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
:grin2: leaks are tricky (as you know). Most likely down to a windscreen issue. Have a look down in the corner of the engine bay where water can run off towards the inner front wing, make sure drain holes are clear.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Does the windscreen scuttle panel just prize off?

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
There's 3 pin clips

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Have you checked where the bonnet release cable goes through the firewall? Perhaps the bung has come away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts