2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help, tried the search but nothing similar.

Noticed yesterday that the driver side of the car is blowing cold air.

The car is a 58 plate es diesel.

For example when set to high on both sides it blows hot out of passenger but cold out of driver side.

The only thing that has changed on the car in the last couple of weeks is pollen filter, could this be linked?

Have tried the thermostat with piece of paper and this sticks fine.

Is it more a mechanical fault with a flap inside the heater itself?

Any help would be great cause im a bit puzzled.

Thanks

Craig

·
Registered
353 Posts
Do you mean the footwell or dashboard vents? If its the footwell the flap linkage could be detached or the motor failed. On mine the dashboard vents blow all the time so I dont thinlk the is any means of control.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Shout at me if this is too obvious, but have you pressed the dual climate control button and have the temps set high / low

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys, thanks for the replies.

Have had another look and I think either the flap inside the heater matrix is jammed, or the motor that controls the flap is broken. As regardless of temperature on display the drivers side both footwell and dash vents blow cold where the passenger side is fine.

Question is how and where to get access to this?

Has anyone ever done a how to, I imagine there will be lots of dash to be removed.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

Craig

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply, I have hot air though so don't think it's the heater core. It's just a lack of hot air on the driver side. Think a trip to the garage is the only answer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car is booked in for Thursday with Honda.

Not exactly filling me with confidence though. They have never heard of this issue before.

Im expecting £££ :thumpdown:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Relic

Thanks for your reply, will get them to check it on the diagnostics and find out. After this will see if its something I can fix or leave it to them.

I do agree though, I think the mixer has chucked it on the drivers side.

Thanks

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I might be wrong on this but when chasing a rattle I had pretty much the entire dash out and thought that the driver's side was also attached to the centre vents. Do you get hot air from them?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
The only thing that has changed on the car in the last couple of weeks is pollen filter, could this be linked?

Any help would be great cause im a bit puzzled.

Thanks

Craig
Has your pollen filter been fitted the right way around? There is an arrow for the airflow direction.

Just a thought :)

Regards, Steve

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Syx, get cold air from drivers side centre vent and hot from passenger side centre vent with both sides set to hi.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Steve, just been out with a torch to check pollen filter it appears to be the right way, couple of small drips when it was removed but nothing major.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts