2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm new here.

A couple of weeks ago I managed to scrape the driver side trim against one of those sloping bus curbs. This also led to the wheel arch and front bumper separating.

Is it possible to reattach the trim? If so what would I need to do to fix this?

I have tried search but I don't know the correct names for the trim parts so I'm not finding anything too useful!

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Sorry to hear you've clubbed a curb.

Have a look on the Lings website for your/model year. You'll find natty exploded diagrams that are really helpful.

Beware that the part#s are Lings own, but if you remove '_pfk' from the URL and refresh then you'll get the pukka Honda part#s ;)

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't quite figure out from the images on lings - I can't even see the clips on either the bump or the arch assembly, let alone figure out how to put it back together. Might have to just bite the bullet and go see the body shop :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest I'm not sure.. I've wiggled both the wheel arch and front bumper and they still both seem firmly attached. It looks as though the wheel arch is supposed to be clipped INTO the front bumper but I can't figure out what needs to be remove to reclip it in. I have pictures but I need another couple of posts before I can show them!

·
Enjoying life
8,737 Posts
From memory the arch slides into the bumper, there are clips all around the arch to clip on, there is a screw and a bigger clip at 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock that goes into the arch liner. Then a couple of screws where the arch trim connects to the sill.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Hey mate,

Did you manage to fix the popped trim? I need to do the same to my passenger side trim. It's not as bad as yours but it's definitely popped out.

I've seen the linky for the 5 door type-R conversion. Like you, I need to do the front arch only. If you have sorted it, what bits did you have to take off to pop the trim back into place? Did you have to buy anything to fix it? How long did it take.

Mine's a 2010 1.4 mk8 (assuming it'll be the same setup). Deep Sapphire Blue Pearl (colour coded wheel arches).

I plan to fix it soon.

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts