2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I went out at lunch today to get something to eat and car was fine.
When I got back in the car and set off, the picture on the dash came on showing that the drivers door was opened and the constant beeping came on.
I opened the door and shut it again but picture was still there and it kept beeping but I knew the door was shut.
Got back to work and got out and could not lock the car with the remote as it thinks the door was open.

Has anyone had this before? Could this be a fault with the button that is pressed when the door is shut to tell the car the door is closed?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems to have come apart but held together by the rubber surround.
I have managed to put it straight but not sure how long it would last.

Do you know how much these cost to get replaced, won't be covered under warranty would it?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
It seems to have come apart but held together by the rubber surround.
I have managed to put it straight but not sure how long it would last.

Do you know how much these cost to get replaced, won't be covered under warranty would it?
I'd be surprised if you had to pay more than a tenner for a new switch.
Give cox motors a shout.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you know if it is easy to repair yourself?
Spoke to honda and they said the part is £21 and another £19 to fit it but they said I could do my self as they say it is jut 1 screw.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Do you know if it is easy to repair yourself?
Spoke to honda and they said the part is £21 and another £19 to fit it but they said I could do my self as they say it is jut 1 screw.
Normally when a switch like that is broken you have no option but to replace with a new one.
There are plenty of people breaking civics on ebay you should get one very cheap and like the man from Honda said it's just one screw a child could change it.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,623 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts