2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've a 2008 Type S GT and I've fitted the wee plastic clips for the front mats but I have the metal anchor for the older type mat on the drivers side too and I can't attach the last plastic clip with it in place. How do I remove it? Do I need to remove the drivers seat?

regards,

Mike

·
Registered
712 Posts
nope, it just bolts trhough the front of the seat runner (well it does on my 2007) run the front seat all the way back and lift the carpet at the front of the seat runner, should give you access.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Also be aware that there was a change in mat design between the 2007 and 2008 my cars, the 2008 mats have a different fixing system to the 2007 mats.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also be aware that there was a change in mat design between the 2007 and 2008 my cars, the 2008 mats have a different fixing system to the 2007 mats.
Cheers mate. Yeah the mats I got are the ones where you cut the wee strips out of the carpetting and attach the plastic clips, but the metal "T" anchor was in place too. Just wanna lose that.

Mike.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Push the drivers seat right back.

Remove the plastic cover from the right hand side seat track (if you are looking to the front of the car)

One nut and bolt holds the T bracket in pace. May need a 4mm allen key to undo the bolt.

T bracket may be fed through a slit in the carpet.

I have just installed the T bracket and mats, so that is just the reverse of what I did.

Hope that works for you

Reactions: mpact

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Push the drivers seat right back.

Remove the plastic cover from the right hand side seat track (if you are looking to the front of the car)

One nut and bolt holds the T bracket in pace. May need a 4mm allen key to undo the bolt.

T bracket may be fed through a slit in the carpet.

I have just installed the T bracket and mats, so that is just the reverse of what I did.

Hope that works for you
Thanks mate. Does the wee plastic cover come off easy?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts