2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a cautionary on my last MOT. The back of my drivers seat has too much movement in it. Its unnoticeable when your sat in it but when you wobble it there is movement in it.

Is this likely to be an easy fix? As I really can't afford a new seat. Car is a 2007 1.8EX with only 70k on it so its not like its been used and abused.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one else had this?

·
Administrator
17,941 Posts
In which direction does it 'wobble', front to back or side to side?

Can't say I've noticed any excessive movement in my 5 door.

How much movement do you mean?

Is the seat bolted in properly?

Is there any play in your seat rails?

If you don't notice the movement when sat in the seat, then is this an issue or more of curiosity?

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The backrest twists slightly. Was an advisory on the last MOT. Seat base doesn't move at all.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
The backrest twists slightly.

Your not alone, I have noticed this with my 2009 facelift civic when adjusting the seat (most weekend as better half uses it during the week) sometimes it feels uneven as if the back has twisted ie left side feels further back than right when I release the adjustment lever.

I was thinking its just me!

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When the seat is locked in position. Climb in the back and try and wriggle the back rest. My drivers seat twists a lot more than the passenger seat does. Yet to look underneath to see it it just needs tightening between seat base and backrest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts