2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 2 years I had minor squeaks which came time to time but didn't bother me at all this one really was. While driving I can hear awful squeak coming from my drivers seat but wasn't sure till 2 days ago where from is coming exactly. Sound was coming from seat belt buckle while I'm driving on bumpy roads.

Anybody had this? Solutions?

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
No I haven't had it!

Do you know exactly where on the buckle the squeak is coming from?

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's big question Happy. Don't know exact place only in drive when I'm fastened and only on bumpy roads it happens. I tried pulling seat belt, moving buckle but without result and noise... Maybe from joint of buckle and metal holder, not sure.... I'll try to look into it a bit in few minutes...

·
Registered
200 Posts
i had a squeaky seat on speed bumps etc. mine needed a new subframe try bouncing back on the seat while parked to see if it squeaks if so thats what you need

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for info eddie but it isn't seat; tried it today and nothing it's buckle somehow. Today there wasn't any noise at all an I drove quite a lot on bumpy road...?!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

i have the same problem..some squeak coming from my seat belt...i dont know exactly where the problem is, but i am going to find out, because it is driving me crazy :mad: My civic is only 2 months old and there are also few bugs/irritations thats also making me nervous...next week i am going to my honda serviser, because they are going to change my cilinder and something in my wheels (i dont know the word in english) and i am gonna ask them where is the problem..

Sorry because my english is not so good...:oops:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Mine sqeaks too, and I think it is caused by the cable (from the bottom of the buckle) getting trapped between the steel bar and the seat.
Anyway, whilst looking at this I noticed that the driver's side buckle is firmly fixed to the steel bar, whereas the passenger's side feels as though it is hinged.
Can anyone confirm this difference ?
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts