2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over last couple of weeks I have noticed that when I brake relatively heavily, there seems to be something within the drivers seat about lumbar level that moves towards my back.

Before I try opening the seat cover up has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Coincidentally, or not, I have recently been suffering from a sore back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Ooer.

Firstly, I'd try re-setting your angle adjustment (Lever) - Lean it back (Makes a good bed!), lock it, back into postion, lock it - Just to make sure it's solidly in place.

From there, Try pushing your weight back in the chair to mimic acceleration, and try rocking forwards to mimic braking. My Dad's Alfa had some loose seat bolts, so when accelerating the chair would lean back slightly, Which is somewhat humerous.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
My seat creaks and was tempted to have a look....but it's down the list. I found the following youtube video really helpful

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that video - its the same principle but a different problem.
My lumber support seems to make a clicking noise - you know when you can pop a jam jar lid once it has been opened. But everything seems tight in the seat. Whilst I had the seat apart I copied the guy in the video but just used insulating tape of the ends rather than his more sophisticated fix!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts