2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My driver-side seatbelt stalk rattles around a lot compared to the passenger-side. On closer inspection it seems that the passenger-side has a plastic bushing between the bolt shank and seatbelt stalk hole but not on the driver-side (it must've come apart during use, or wasn't replaced when a previous owner removed the stalk). I can confirm that the bolt is tightened as much as possible and is the same depth in the hole as the passenger-side.
Does anyone know either where I can source a replacement bushing or any recommendations for a DIY solution? I was considering putting a washer between the bolt and stalk however this would not solve the issue that there will be a radial gap between the two bodies where the bushing should be.This gap could be reduced by wrapping electrical tape around the shank, but anything more robust would be appreciated.
Cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link - the exploded diagram was a huge help. It looks like parts 30, 33 and 41 are what I require because it's the seatbelt buckle assembly and not the pretensioner. Delivery is steep at £17.33 so I'm going to try some appropriately-sized rubber washers. Will let you know how this turns out.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Don’t need to pay postage if you get the correct part number and order from your nearest Honda dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two M12 rubber washers solved the problem. All of the correct parts were there, but the spring washer must've relaxed to a compressed position over time. Replacing this alone probably would've solved the issue.

·
Super Moderator
2,214 Posts
its sorted now that's main thing
keep the old ocd away nothing worse than something you cant get out of your mind

1 - 7 of 7 Posts