2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any differences with their door handles? Mine on the drivers side is a bit clunky compared to the other side, when you press it doesnt open "smoothly" like on the right side. Have to mention this the next time i visit the dealership..

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I havent noticed it to be honest.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Mine creaks a bit drivers side, but is fine passenger side. I think I will just make a list of the annoying things and see if they can fix some of them in 6 months time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have noticed today that the drivers side handle creaks (on the passenger side it creaks less). So every time that i grad the handle i feel that it'll fell off the door within a year from now. Dunno, but the feeling is rather cheap (altho the handles look really nice)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
No problem on my front doors, but I've noticed the drivers side rear door needs a firmer tug to open it (not the handle, the actual door). I think it's a tighter seal and I almost expect it to go 'POP!' when it opens.[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have had a similar problem with the front passenger door, raised it with dealer who did not agree with me. They reported no fault found so basically I must be wrong !!! ............... again.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I had a problem with my drivers door but couldn't be bothered to mention it to the dealership, then after the bodyshop had it for a while the handle didn't fit back together properly so I am now having a new one fitted so hopefully it will work better :)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Must admit tho' that door does a lovely click when it closes.

Best I've ever heard.

"This Parkinsons thing that I've got don't arf help you make a good Margarita!"

Charles H.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Had the problem on passenger side, was mentioned when in for work and apparantly replaced, a lot better anyway. Drivers door handle is very clunky, due for 25k service soon, will mention it then!

·
Registered
106 Posts
My drivers door handle is very much clunkier than the passenger side, particularly in hot weather, when it's been standing in the sun. Mentioned it on the first service & they told me they had adjusted it. It is better now (it was getting hard to open), but there is still a noticeable difference. Why???

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
My drivers door handle is very much clunkier than the passenger side, particularly in hot weather, when it's been standing in the sun. Mentioned it on the first service & they told me they had adjusted it. It is better now (it was getting hard to open), but there is still a noticeable difference. Why???

I have had my new handle fitted and it now much smoother and quieter to open, the same as the passenger door.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
My drivers door handle is due for replacing at the next service, had the passenger one done once already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Door Handles

I have just had the front passenger handle assembly completely replaced last week and now the driver's door handle has become clunky too.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Door handles.

Drivers side sounds like a spring extending. Passenger side quiet. It's handy if on one dark night you are drunk, you will be able to find the drivers side quite easily.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Arg this really winds me up the car was put together with a lot crap parts, door handles, fog lights, shocks, tailgate struts, fuel filler cap, radios, windscreen seals etc etc how many more parts will need replacing!!!!

·
Banned
45 Posts
One good thing that surfaces after reading all complaints re. door handles, filler caps etc., There are no complaints (or have I missed one) regarding the engine.
I would add that in my many years of motoring,I have owned two new Fiat Puntos and have never had to complain to the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yorkmister - Try typing into the search function "slight hesitation" and see what that brings up regarding the engines.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Arg this really winds me up the car was put together with a lot crap parts, door handles, fog lights, shocks, tailgate struts, fuel filler cap, radios, windscreen seals etc etc how many more parts will need replacing!!!!
Do I sense that you are not to happy with your purchase TC?

"When a man has a birthday he usually takes a day off.
When a woman has a birthday she usually takes a year off!"

Charles H.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Do I sense that you are not to happy with your purchase TC?

"When a man has a birthday he usually takes a day off.
When a woman has a birthday she usually takes a year off!"

Charles H.
I am not happy with my purchase - I had a car that never ever had anything go wrong and end up buying a car that is at the dealership more than on my driveway.

But I do still like the car :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts