2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another one from me, sorry. So a naughty pheasant broke my fog light. Looked on eBay they seem cheap enough. Are they something I can do myself or do I need a man (mechanic or otherwise)? Cheers x

·
4,359 Posts
Are they something I can do myself or do I need a man (mechanic or otherwise)?
"Mechanic"? Possibly, depending on how adept you are at popping panel studs and undoing Allen screws. 0:)
"Otherwise"? Only you can answer that one.>:)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Do it yourself, removing the bumper only takes 15mins ish, and once off easy to remove and replace the fogs
I think there’s a how to in the wiki somewhere

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
You can do it without removing the bumper, it's just a bit fiddly. Underneath there are holes in the under tray that give access to nuts which can be turned using a socket with a long accessory bar fitted. It may take longer than 15 mins though. You have to be careful not to lose the nuts inside the tray as well, although they can be recovered by either manipulation (bumping them back to the hole) or dropping a corner of the tray.

Something to beware though with removing the bumper, it depends on which model of Civic you have. The Type S has far more pieces to remove than the standard car.

I replaced the nearside fog on my Type S entirely through the tray with the bumper on.

Finally, look at Wanners Fog Light Covers, without these you'll find yourself replacing fog lights more frequently that you might like as they're particularly vulnerable.

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
You can do it without removing the bumper, it's just a bit fiddly. Underneath there are holes in the under tray that give access to nuts which can be turned using a socket with a long accessory bar fitted. It may take longer than 15 mins though. You have to be careful not to lose the nuts inside the tray as well, although they can be recovered by either manipulation (bumping them back to the hole) or dropping a corner of the tray.

Something to beware though with removing the bumper, it depends on which model of Civic you have. The Type S has far more pieces to remove than the standard car.

I replaced the nearside fog on my Type S entirely through the tray with the bumper on.

Finally, look at Wanners Fog Light Covers, without these you'll find yourself replacing fog lights more frequently that you might like as they're particularly vulnerable.
+1 on the fog light covers.
I had the drivers side go on my Si and was a cow's son to get at - just for 1 silly 10mm bolt!
First thing I bought when I got the CTR was FL covers (nice fetching yellow) since it's even more hassle on those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts