2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I took off my driver and passenger side door cards yesterday and upon refitting all my window controls seem to work other than I cant control the passenger side window from my driver side, it works from the other side.

I also seem to have lost the ability to make a big press on the window button for the window to go all the way down in one. Maybe that's connected?

I also recently got a new set of window controls and cover, tried both sets of buttons with the same results.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
I've had more door cards off a few times and I didn't have any issues the first few times.

At the last change, my drivers window wouldn't go up in one flick of the button. Before I got around to performing the window reset procedure it cleared itself up. I presume several ignition on/off and cycles of the windows seemed to sort it out. Maybe yours will too?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just tried the window reset and the big press to full open/close has returned, so thanks for that. Still don't have control of passenger window though.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Yay, half way there.

Does the passenger window work from the passenger door switch? *update: ah you said it did in the OP :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yay, half way there.

Does the passenger window work from the passenger door switch? *update: ah you said it did in the OP :facepalm:

Passenger switch works. Doesn't do the one press down though (don't know if it ever did).

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car is a cat D. Before whatever accident it was in it had an automatic folding mirror module installed which we had to remove when repairing it as it was damaged. Could that have anything to do with it?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I had this the other day after the battery went flat, didn't work for a few days and for some reasons seems fine today without doing the reset? Seems very odd. The reset method does seem to work for others though.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had this the other day after the battery went flat, didn't work for a few days and for some reasons seems fine today without doing the reset? Seems very odd. The reset method does seem to work for others though.

Do you lose control of the passenger window too?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I'd lost the control of the passenger side from the drivers side controls. I could only operate the passenger side from the passengers seat.

I had previously had no issues, battery got recharged and the problem occurred, this was about 5 days ago, tried intermittenly a couple of times a day, seems to have resolved itself this afternoon :confused:

I did yesterday try holding the button down for around 5 seconds, then back up for around 5 seconds (not the full recycle procedure) - this didn't seem to work at the time, but that's the only thing I did differently.

Reactions: Rothery

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
just noticed, mine has never had the single touch up/down for passenger side.
Seems like you're back in business!

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Mine had the same problem after the battery was changed , the main window reset procedure didn't work but then I tried the quick reset detailed at the top of the guide, something like hold all the way down, ignition on/off then had all the way up. That cleared mine up

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well this gives me some hope that control of the passenger side from drivers will return in time. I've had it all open today checking every wire and can't see a thing, so fingers crossed.

If the passengers side isn't supposed to have the single press function then I guess at least that's all restored.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
As if by magic the passenger side controls just started working today. Happy man. Thanks for the input :)
Tada, several ignition cycles must reset something as it's sorted itself out exactly like mine did. Simples!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Window reset procedure may help you.
This worked a treat for me. All I had to do was the first procedure of holding the driver's door window down for 10s and then up for 10s, and then repeating this for the passenger's side window switch...excellent stuff. I thought the problem was more complex than this as had a look at all the fuses and all was fine. Many thanks for the assistance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts